The Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Im planning to take a monster vacation for 5-6 weeks. Im going backpacking... to the following: cairo,egypt...moscow,russia....rome and venice, italy...berlin,germeny...prague,czech rep.... ienna,austria....london,gb......paris,france....lisbon,portugal...madrid and barcelona,spain...amsterdam,neterlands..bussels,belgium and athens,greece. Anyone have anything tips?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Take me along in your luggage :p Wow that sounds like a wonderful trip. No tips just want to wish you a wonderful trip looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Can I tag along with Robyn in your luggage? I have no tips, as I haven't backpacked outside the US. Are you planning on staying in hostels? It really sounds like a great trip~! Be sure to post plenty of pictures when you return :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow, what an amazing trip you are planning :), as kevan says, it is a once in a lifetime trip :) when are you planning to go.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hehe, yeah i cant wait. Ill post several pics when i return. ill leave mid august 09 and return at the start of oct., but me and my two buds are planning everything out to perfection as i speak. I have an earlier trip in feb. to new york so thats gonna be pretty neat too. I figured might as well do it now that im not married nor have children. and yeah ill be staying mainly at hostels but at hotels if the city hostels are booked. yup once in a lifetime trip! six weeks of just being FREE!!!

kevantheman35: i say no more than 10K

M

Maggie Cummings

In 1976 my then husband and I did the same thing. Except that we bought a Eurail pass and instead of sleeping in hostels or hotels every night we slept on the train. That obviously was a while ago, I'm not even sure if that would work today. Be sure to tour the castles in Brussels, look at the prostitutes in Amsterdam, eat everywhere...no Switzerland? Did I say eat everywhere? For me it was the trip of a lifetime also. My failing was that we didn't take one picture. So my real advice would be to take lots of pictures. And put you and your buddies in them, not just scenery...oh...and eat everywhere...:)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Be careful....don't trust anyone....don't drink the water.....take loads of pictures.......damn! I wish I was going. Stay safe.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Switzerland? where would be a good place to go? bern? if so whats nice about bern? I have 2 extra days and i was thinking about milan but if bern is nice then i would def. go! thats another country under my belt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.