The Queen of the PNW

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Once upon a time there was a homeless tortoise. One day he was walking around downtown Portland Oregon and a man saw him and knew she didn't belong there alone, so he put her in his car and brought him to Corvallis Oregon and I got a phone call and went and got him. Here he is with a couple of other Sulcata, I am holding him with my left hand
IMG_0301.JPGhaha, a creep of Sulcata
IMG_0294.JPG
Please notice the piece of hay sticking out of her mouth...remember it
IMG_0309.JPG
So I named him Knobby after the knobs on a dirt bike tire. Look at his face, it looks like he's saying "stop smelling my butt".
IMG_0307.JPG
To be continued

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh boy! Another Maggie story!!!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Best story ever!!! Lyns picked her out right away...

Last edited:

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It's something about Mary Knobbins

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So Knobby was not used to having a home so he was really checking things out and walking around. He really was interested in everything, and he started grazing and hasn't stopped yet.
100_3498.JPG
After he was with me just a short time I started noticing a habit Knobby has. For one thing he took to grass right away.
100_3793.JPG
He had to live in half of the tort shed, his room mate being Big Sam. Sam was 15 lbs or so bigger than Knobby.
Big Sam was definitely male and could be very aggressive.
100_3896.JPG
But I made a special yard for Knobby and he settled in and was such and easy keeper. Yep, he was on his best behavior. Sort of like a kid in foster care who bees good so he doesn't get sent away. But one day evidently he just got tired of being good and he turned into the busiest tortoise I ever had, not good busy either. Some how he reached a CHE by climbing up on this milk crate
100_3891.JPG
He coulda burned up. I need to remember than Knobby likes to climb on stuff, and for a tortoise he's pretty good at it.
100_3495.JPG
I like to take pictures of Knobby because his face is so unique. Here he rams the camera
100_3257.JPG
He's so funny
100_3254.JPG
It warms my heart and it makes me smile to look at that face...
100_4140.JPG

Oh my! A lady in Arizona, with great tortoise grounds, and she wants Knobby. And I know she would provide a better home for him than I can. Oh what to do??? What is the right thing to do?
100_4325.JPG
100_4430.JPG
To be continued
100_4483.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Oh my....

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I am very sorry about this story. I, in wanting to made a good "will be continued", I upset my friend, who I wrote the story for. For dramatic effect I mentioned that a lady from Arizona wanted him. My friend got upset, and that upsets me. So, consider the story ended.
And the continuing thread of the story was that Mary Knobbins always has a piece of grass or hay hanging out of her mouth. I will continue to post pictures of Mary for my friend, she loves Mary's face and can pick her out of a line up,so impressive to me
100_4153.JPG
lol is this cute or what???!!!
100_5190.JPG

100_5821.JPG

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
We love the ending! She is safe at home with you! ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We love the ending! She is safe at home with you! ?
Oh yes she is. Mary Knobbins is gonna stay right here with me. I thought that she would be kept better by someone else. But, even if she would be better off living in better weather...but...when the weather is good here, it's really good, and Mary is so loved here.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh yes she is. Mary Knobbins is gonna stay right here with me. I thought that she would be kept better by someone else. But, even if she would be better off living in better weather...but...when the weather is good here, it's really good, and Mary is so loved here.
I wouldn't be able to give her up either, if she were mine. She's beautiful & spunky like her owner.