The Odd Couple

Tank'sMom

Location (City and/or State)
Olmito, Tx
Ok, so I have an indoor pot-belly pig. I do let her out to the backyard as often as I can. She has always had "thing" for Tank. They walk around grazing the yard together all day.
Tonight, I was looking everywhere for her. Couldn't find her.
When I did, she was down in Tank's burrow!! Now I know that torts are not looking for company. But the pig is. Even though we totally spoil her! She has decided that she is sleeping down there tonight and will not come up!
When I found them it was dark but with my flashlight I could see her snuggled up to him sleeping.
What the heck??!! What do you guys think? Is this safe for her? He seemed to be tolerating her being down there just fine, and was sleeping as well. This is the first night she has ever slept outdoors.
He has never been aggressive towards her and they frequently "hang out" together during the day. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1417917812.038005.jpg

kmartin

central Florida
I don't know why it would be dangerous for either one. All sorts of animals will colonize gopher tortoise tunnels. From snakes to coyote, at least the pot belly pig is harmless and won't consider the sulcata to be edible! I wonder if sulcata tunnels in Africa would provide shelter for more than just the tortoise.

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
I just worry about him accidentally squishing her or something. He's a big boy!
The "princess" has just returned home, had a bath (covered in "tunnel mud") and is back in her cushy bed. Lol.
I'm sure that they will follow their usual routine of grazing together tomorrow! ;)