THE NUT HOUSE

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Well.. Monday has kicked my butt.. I’m over it already but apparently it’s not over me ?
Me too ? I'm finally getting a guestimate on what it will cost to trim that dang crab apple tree but it's almost 6pm and nobody has shown up yet. If they wait much longer it will be getting dark. The sun is going down at least an hour earlier but probably 2 hours now. I have to bring Sapphire in earlier and that's how I know. He only is getting a couple of hours of sunshine a day right now. But at least it's some.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Me too ? I'm finally getting a guestimate on what it will cost to trim that dang crab apple tree but it's almost 6pm and nobody has shown up yet. If they wait much longer it will be getting dark. The sun is going down at least an hour earlier but probably 2 hours now. I have to bring Sapphire in earlier and that's how I know. He only is getting a couple of hours of sunshine a day right now. But at least it's some.?
Ok I'm over it too ? it's dark and they didn't show up yet. I'm kinda glad cause I have other things to do that late in the evening anyway. Like slopping the hogs or feeding the animals and laying on my butt watching TV or hanging out with you all ? Tomorrow is another day. And my motto is always put off until tomorrow what should have been done yesterday ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
hire me...I just went crazy on a 40 ft tall decorative plum tree...using a 12 inch long Stanley handsaw...I have become Maggie the lumber Jill. So far one freakin branch at a time I have wiped out a tall cottonwood tree, my lilac tree and now 3/4 of the plum tree...I ain't kidding, I get some feeling of empowerment...lol...my son came and caught me way up in the tree...first I used an 11 ft extension ladder, then barefooted I climb as high as I can go and start sawing...pictures simply do not give my work justice...
100_0744.JPG
I killed all that big wisteria...that one hurt, but it will grow back after they put in a new deck...
100_0742.JPG
I'm trying for more sun in the Sulcata pens...the tree grew too big too fast

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
hire me...I just went crazy on a 40 ft tall decorative plum tree...using a 12 inch long Stanley handsaw...I have become Maggie the lumber Jill. So far one freakin branch at a time I have wiped out a tall cottonwood tree, my lilac tree and now 3/4 of the plum tree...I ain't kidding, I get some feeling of empowerment...lol...my son came and caught me way up in the tree...first I used an 11 ft extension ladder, then barefooted I climb as high as I can go and start sawing...pictures simply do not give my work justice...
View attachment 333651
I killed all that big wisteria...that one hurt, but it will grow back after they put in a new deck...
View attachment 333653

Maggie?…..YOU ROCK!! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 333651
View attachment 333653
You are so much braver than me. You are hired.? I quit climbing ladders and trees because I'm such a clutz. If there's a way to fall I'll find it. I did trim everything I could reach though. I got sick of looking at that poor tree with limbs full of crab apples hanging to the ground. Even some of the limbs broke it was so full. The guy finally came today and gave me an estimate. He's swearing it's an apple tree but it's not. It's a Crab Apple. The apples are large this year but still only 2.5 inches in diameter. They did make some really good jelly though.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok I'm over it too ? it's dark and they didn't show up yet. I'm kinda glad cause I have other things to do that late in the evening anyway. Like slopping the hogs or feeding the animals and laying on my butt watching TV or hanging out with you all ? Tomorrow is another day. And my motto is always put off until tomorrow what should have been done yesterday ?
Unreliable people really chap my ***.. Especially professionally.. what is wrong with the world lately??? ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 333651
View attachment 333653
Your so special Maggie! you need a keeper… ( me me me me.. I’m the one For the job) !!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Unreliable people really chap my ***.. Especially professionally.. what is wrong with the world lately??? ?
The guy came today. Part of it was my fault because I wasn't specific enough. By asking when or around what time. But they did come today and it still won't happen for about a month. Ohio's fruit trees went nuts this year. Everyone is having trouble even getting a tree trimmer. I'm glad to get one.?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
The guy came today. Part of it was my fault because I wasn't specific enough. By asking when or around what time. But they did come today and it still won't happen for about a month. Ohio's fruit trees went nuts this year. Everyone is having trouble even getting a tree trimmer. I'm glad to get one.?
078FE744-E6EE-42CF-9483-1FAD0005075E.gif

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
View attachment 333651
View attachment 333653
Exactly why I don't climb a ladder. Medical codes for when you come off the ladder

ICD-10:W11.XXXA
Short Description:Fall on and from ladder, initial encounter
Long Description:Fall on and from ladder, initial encounter

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I climbed up onto my roof to trim away my neighbor's cherry branches from my sky light last year I think or longer. I had thought it out completely, so I brought 2x4 ends to even out the ladder stance on my sloped roof. I place one end under and stood and wiggled and it was fine, so I used that method to even the ladder with 3 high ends on one leg and 2 high on the other leg effectively evening out the ladder legs. I stood on the bottom rung...ok, it feels firm, put my next foot on the second rung...and the ladder freakin jumped to the right and off the roof...and I was flung up the roof and broke a couple rib and my shoulder. So my ladder was taken away from me, but my friends husband died, so she got rid of his stuff and I got an 11 ft ladder. I am not afraid....