THE NUT HOUSE

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I actually have missed you also. I enjoy your posts.
Are they Gopherus agassizii? I used to head start hatchlings for my sister who operated a turtle and tortoise rescue in Central Calif, people who"accidently" bred them then bring these clutches of Gopherus hatchlings to her then I would head start them, giving them a somewhat better chance at life. One year I got 11 Gopherus hatchlings and 23 Sulcata hatchlings at the same time...oh Lordy did I have fun...seriously. I wished I still could have them, but Oregon...oh well
View attachment 328908

This one is GORGEOUS too!!! ?
Figures— that’s because Maggie raised him/her…

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It’s not even 3 yet.. I have power washed the ferret cage, cleaned all beddings, vacuumed rugs, changed sheets, swept, brushed dogs, cleaned fuel system in jet ski, etc… I’m pooped! Having glass of wine with the ducks & geese now.. it’s too early for all that but hey… ?‍♀️

NOW YOU HAVE FERRETS!?!?!????? ??

EllieMay!….. How do you do it ALL!!????
If that was me they would just run free all over the place no rhyme or reason and it would smell a lot like pee!! ?
Horses
Torts
Foxes
Ferrets
Chicks
Ducks
Isn’t there a unicorn ? in there somewhere?
AND KIDS!!!!! ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
NOW YOU HAVE FERRETS!?!?!????? ??

EllieMay!….. How do you do it ALL!!????
If that was me they would just run free all over the place no rhyme or reason and it would smell a lot like pee!! ?
Horses
Torts
Foxes
Ferrets
Chicks
Ducks
Isn’t there a unicorn ? in there somewhere?
AND KIDS!!!!! ?
Well if I think back.. like waaaaayyy back .. I had horses and chickens first,, and then a kid.. ferrett was first kids at 10 months old.. he lived to be 11.. had some ducks and goats in between.. and all the rest.. I have two more ferrets now.. they are 3 I think?? I d have to look in the folder.. love them though. My first kid is grown now at 18.. I get animals for life and it’s starting to pass much too quickly .. my first dog lived to be 16..! My second only until 10..!I have now Duke who is 12 and Cinder Only 2.. time hurts!!!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
It’s not even 3 yet.. I have power washed the ferret cage, cleaned all beddings, vacuumed rugs, changed sheets, swept, brushed dogs, cleaned fuel system in jet ski, etc… I’m pooped! Having glass of wine with the ducks & geese now.. it’s too early for all that but hey… ?‍♀️
It is NEVER too early for wine, especially when house cleaning is involved!!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well if I think back.. like waaaaayyy back .. I had horses and chickens first,, and then a kid.. ferrett was first kids at 10 months old.. he lived to be 11.. had some ducks and goats in between.. and all the rest.. I have two more ferrets now.. they are 3 I think?? I d have to look in the folder.. love them though. My first kid is grown now at 18.. I get animals for life and it’s starting to pass much too quickly .. my first dog lived to be 16..! My second only until 10..!I have now Duke who is 12 and Cinder Only 2.. time hurts!!!
I have never owned as many animals as you, but time is accelerating with respect to pets. I always luv your photos. I still hate snakes!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Thats right! You have dogs too!!!
Duke is AWSOME! (I want him..) you say he is deaf and blind right ? THOSE ARE THE KIND I LOOK FOR TO LOVE..
And Cinder is adorable!!!
But I know bull dogs snore.
And I already heave one of those , I am trying to GET RID of….?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Thats right! You have dogs too!!!
Duke is AWSOME! (I want him..) you say he is deaf and blind right ? THOSE ARE THE KIND I LOOK FOR TO LOVE..
And Cinder is adorable!!!
But I know bull dogs snore.
And I already heave one of those , I am trying to GET RID of….?

Meaning my husband….

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I love geese! Lucky you!

Yes… they are really cool ?
And rarely seen in NJ
we mostly get the Canadian geese.
They are AWSOME too….. but these look very English and proper to me.
As they were in all of my childhood reading materials…
Then my mom would tell us ghost stories and sing about goblins to get us to go to sleep!!!!! ?
“Are YOU NUTS???”
(Said in a THICK Scottish accent)…
I’m no-a sleeping’ now! Ya daft doughnut!!”
Petrified all throughout childhood .
My poor sisters and I would be awake under the bed!!!!!

Anyone whom is British out there….
Do you know the one about,
“Wee Willy Winky”- running’ through the doons?
That was our bedtime story….??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yes… they are really cool ?
And rarely seen in NJ
we mostly get the Canadian geese.
They are AWSOME too….. but these look very English and proper to me.
As they were in all of my childhood reading materials…
Then my mom would tell us ghost stories and sing about goblins to get us to go to sleep!!!!! ?
“Are YOU NUTS???”
(Said in a THICK Scottish accent)…
I’m no-a sleeping’ now! Ya daft doughnut!!”
Petrified all throughout childhood .
My poor sisters and I would be awake under the bed!!!!!

Anyone whom is British out there….
Do you know the one about,
“Wee Willy Winky”- running’ through the doons?
That was our bedtime story….??
Holy s*it!!!! The monster lives under the bed. He can't get you tho if you are completely covered up...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I do that too. Forget their age and mine ? I turned around one day and realized I had had Sapphire for 14 years. It felt like a miracle because I was worried every single day until I found TFO in 2018. Now I know at least I'm not alone.?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
No one here thank the good Lord ?
Hey. I’m normal. I’m normally normal anyway. Well sometimes I’m normal. Besides. Define “normal”. By nut house standards I am exceptionally normal. As a matter of fact I declare myself the number one normal. Ha.