THE NUT HOUSE

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Most of my time is because I get gas and go. Rarely do I go inside for something. But you have family, so quit driving so fast!!! ????
I have a Subaru with Eyesight! It has adaptive cruise control- you set the speed ( never over 80) choose distance between you and the next car and all you have to do is maintain the lane. It speeds up, slows down, and even stops in relation to what the car in front of you is doing. Awesome when I am passing a big rig since I can drive the outside lane super tight and give it my full concentration

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have a Subaru with Eyesight! It has adaptive cruise control- you set the speed ( never over 80) choose distance between you and the next car and all you have to do is maintain the lane. It speeds up, slows down, and even stops in relation to what the car in front of you is doing. Awesome when I am passing a big rig since I can drive the outside lane super tight and give it my full concentration
Oh lordy, don't spread that around, you know I love ya, but behind my back somehow you have become a tree hugging Subaru lovin, ugh, you wearing Birkenstocks with white socks? ok, how many miles do you think you could sleep behind the wheel with all that electronic crap kicked in before your Eyesight car wrecks you??? hmmm? My dil who is quite capable, rarely looks at the road as she's got all that stuff turned on, and believe me, I am sitting in the passenger seat paralyzed with freakin fear. My car doesn't even have cup holders or electric windows, ha!
Subaru of Oregon says that 90% of all Subaru's sold are still on the road. But I can't prove that anymore. I live in a college town with a resident population of less than 40k, and I drive the only third generation 4th of July red w/gold metal flake IROC in Corvallis, there is a white one who lives next town over, but Subaru's abound here and I hate them.
100_4907.JPG

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Oh lordy, don't spread that around, you know I love ya, but behind my back somehow you have become a tree hugging Subaru lovin, ugh, you wearing Birkenstocks with white socks? ok, how many miles do you think you could sleep behind the wheel with all that electronic crap kicked in before your Eyesight car wrecks you??? hmmm? My dil who is quite capable, rarely looks at the road as she's got all that stuff turned on, and believe me, I am sitting in the passenger seat paralyzed with freakin fear. My car doesn't even have cup holders or electric windows, ha!
Subaru of Oregon says that 90% of all Subaru's sold are still on the road. But I can't prove that anymore. I live in a college town with a resident population of less than 40k, and I drive the only third generation 4th of July red w/gold metal flake IROC in Corvallis, there is a white one who lives next town over, but Subaru's abound here and I hate them.
View attachment 311034
I have 2 outback’s(06&14) and have owned 3 Subie’s since 2001! I rub my back on a tree every now and again, but have to watch my car since it has a deep seated hate for priuses! Why do they speed past pull in front and slow down? I just box em in for a few miles and they start to understand. Also I think I have one of only a few Outback’s with a front hitch mount- that is why I like this thread

Attachments

• 392EC8F0-48C4-4D5B-A5C5-9AC2096CDF32.jpeg
    392EC8F0-48C4-4D5B-A5C5-9AC2096CDF32.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 6

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My oldest son who had long hair before it was fashionable left my hot rod side in Calif and he moved to Oregon and has owned nothing but Subaru's since then, that was about the same time he started wearing a skirt....A disgrace to this fast car lovin Ma. lol well, maybe not exactly disgraced...his hair in this photo is down past his butt.
image_1641316728_19700119_043434.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have 2 outback’s(06&14) and have owned 3 Subie’s since 2001! I rub my back on a tree every now and again, but have to watch my car since it has a deep seated hate for priuses! Why do they speed past pull in front and slow down? I just box em in for a few miles and they start to understand. Also I think I have one of only a few Outback’s with a front hitch mount- that is why I like this thread
Because they only have short bursts of speed, then they lose it. And now that you bring them up, I have to admit I do hate them more then Subaru's.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Because they only have short bursts of speed, then they lose it. And now that you bring them up, I have to admit I do hate them more then Subaru's.
You should see me take a curve with my 235 55 R17 and it’s all wheel drive! Go in high and hug the line accelerating. I want a turbo next!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My oldest son who had long hair before it was fashionable left my hot rod side in Calif and he moved to Oregon and has owned nothing but Subaru's since then, that was about the same time he started wearing a skirt....A disgrace to this fast car lovin Ma. lol well, maybe not exactly disgraced...his hair in this photo is down past his butt.
View attachment 311056
After my son got talked into a haircut last time!!! I told him never let them cut your hair again!!!!! His hair looked like a dang bush growing straight up on his head. He looks way better in a ponytail.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s been very quite in her for a couple days! I love seeing all the car speak.. ( my favorite movies are The fast and the furious! ) I can’t join in on the lingo because I’m a truck kinda gal.. I don’t need speed, just power and torque.. :) well, it’s almost Tuesday here... hope everyone has a good one! ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
It’s been very quite in her for a couple days! I love seeing all the car speak.. ( my favorite movies are The fast and the furious! ) I can’t join in on the lingo because I’m a truck kinda gal.. I don’t need speed, just power and torque.. :) well, it’s almost Tuesday here... hope everyone has a good one! ?
OMG I love those movies- my brother got me hooked!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You should see me take a curve with my 235 55 R17 and it’s all wheel drive! Go in high and hug the line accelerating. I want a turbo next!
Be careful there my friend. Your vehicle gets to the "ok, now I roll over" stage pretty quick; The faster I go in my IROC you can feel it sucking down and hugging the road. I took a drifting course in it and that little car will slide sideways around a curve or turning a corner for freakin days. And that drifting course improved my handling of the car, and gave me the confidence to drive on the ice and snow,or the rain.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Be careful there my friend. Your vehicle gets to the "ok, now I roll over" stage pretty quick; The faster I go in my IROC you can feel it sucking down and hugging the road. I took a drifting course in it and that little car will slide sideways around a curve or turning a corner for freakin days. And that drifting course improved my handling of the car, and gave me the confidence to drive on the ice and snow,or the rain.
Very true! I am very attentive to my capabilities and those of my vehicles! Overdriving a vehicle is very stupid! Enjoying the limits is just fun. BTW take a wet curve in your rear wheel drive and we can see who gets control back quicker! Besides I learned never race someone that knows more about engines than you do! To you i bow

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
OMG I love those movies- my brother got me hooked!
But most of the driving stuff in those movies is computer generated. Go back to Bullitt...Steve McQueen in a 1967 mach 1 Mustang. A stunt man drove of course, and there were 2 stuntmen chasing the Mustang...in MY FREAKIN HOMETOWN OF SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA ( oh ahem) This is so cool. My Dad's office was downtown at Second between Mission and Market. He had a back room and he stayed at the office all week because he was a Litho Artist using pen and ink. Computers weren't even on the horizon in the ;40's and 50's; oh and he stayed up and worked all night. He was in the top of his field then. But I got to hop a bus and go to the office and hang out. I ACTUALLY saw them filming Bullitt and I am getting goosebumps right now. I saw them comin, and the Mustang went pretty sideways and the exhust bottomed out, I heard the noise, and I freakin smelled the smoke!!! Oh yeah baby...So not only did I see Steve McQueen like right there...wait for it...ready? I saw freakin Clint Eastwood film the scene, "do ya feel lucky punk?" oh yeah, and when I say I saw, I was within 4 feet of the cameras, behind a San Francisco Police wooden horse.
Seriously...growing up in SF in the 50's and 60's well, for another time and place...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
But most of the driving stuff in those movies is computer generated. Go back to Bullitt...Steve McQueen in a 1967 mach 1 Mustang. A stunt man drove of course, and there were 2 stuntmen chasing the Mustang...in MY FREAKIN HOMETOWN OF SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA ( oh ahem) This is so cool. My Dad's office was downtown at Second between Mission and Market. He had a back room and he stayed at the office all week because he was a Litho Artist using pen and ink. Computers weren't even on the horizon in the ;40's and 50's; oh and he stayed up and worked all night. He was in the top of his field then. But I got to hop a bus and go to the office and hang out. I ACTUALLY saw them filming Bullitt and I am getting goosebumps right now. I saw them comin, and the Mustang went pretty sideways and the exhust bottomed out, I heard the noise, and I freakin smelled the smoke!!! Oh yeah baby...So not only did I see Steve McQueen like right there...wait for it...ready? I saw freakin Clint Eastwood film the scene, "do ya feel lucky punk?" oh yeah, and when I say I saw, I was within 4 feet of the cameras, behind a San Francisco Police wooden horse.
Seriously...growing up in SF in the 50's and 60's well, for another time and place...
Gin in 60 seconds has an awesome chase scene too, but Bullitt is the gold standard

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A quick look ?. Open Nut House door. Tip toe around the corner up the steps & down the hallway. Stain & varnish in one hand, badger brushes in the other. No dust, it’s quiet. A quick splash of stain. Turn, tippy toe backwards. Slide down the handrail. Nut House Door quietly shuts.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
A quick look ?. Open Nut House door. Tip toe around the corner up the steps & down the hallway. Stain & varnish in one hand, badger brushes in the other. No dust, it’s quiet. A quick splash of stain. Turn, tippy toe backwards. Slide down the handrail. Nut House Door quietly shuts.
The fact that you slid down the handrail really endears you to my heart ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Nope just fighting with Alexa! I am not concerned that this is the first step towards "Skynet" sometimes she is so useless! After my home automation fixtures die they will not be replaced.
I feel fairly old fashioned as I DO have a very large screen Smart TV, and my son hooked me up to his Roku for free, so pretty much I spend hours flipping channels never watching 1 damn program. I have a million and a half tv channels, yet the only stuff I watch is on ID channel, or ABC, CBS and NBC. Alexa? Not me man. I don't like Vikings and phony bikers. I lived the biker life, don't need to see those aged wannabe bikers, I like The Big Valley and Wagon Train, and some of the pseudo murder stuff.