THE NUT HOUSE

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I've been waiting in all day for a parcel to be delivered and it never turned up! Guess I shouldn't have been so cheap and forked out for tracked delivery
Haha, you could have used the USPS if you weren't over the pond. They give you a tracking number and never update the info!

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
If I can't have one, you can't either. And...I don't believe you for a hot second about baking. While I DID laugh at you (sorry), personally, I think you are full of it, Doc. I'm thinkin you are just like Chubbs. Can't believe you
I am the antithesis of Chubbs; however, if you would like to see me as a master baker I shall be honored and delighted and shall bake for you pastries ? and other delights should you honor me with your presence in hell...er...Phoenix. Speaking of the fat lizard he has vanished again. I guess the promotion has been a bit demanding. Or we’re boring him.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I am the antithesis of Chubbs; however, if you would like to see me as a master baker I shall be honored and delighted and shall bake for you pastries ? and other delights should you honor me with your presence in hell...er...Phoenix. Speaking of the fat lizard he has vanished again. I guess the promotion has been a bit demanding. Or we’re boring him.
I think his new commute eats up 1.5 hours of travel time per day. That's time he might otherwise have been stirring up trouble around here.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I think his new commute eats up 1.5 hours of travel time per day. That's time he might otherwise have been stirring up trouble around here.
Boo-hoo poor baby Chubbers I have to commute an hour and a half each way to go to my job. Of course I have zero life other than work and commute. And burning baked goods but pretending I’m a delightful Baker. By the way, I brought the cake to work and 3/4 of the cake was still in the kitchen when I left work. Diana the birthday girl thanked me for bringing cake but didn’t thank me for the cake. I didn’t try any because I was busy but people said I was avoiding it because I knew it was bad. I was highly indignant and insulted. I need to lose weight and I am simply watching my calories! ?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Boo-hoo poor baby Chubbers I have to commute an hour and a half each way to go to my job. Of course I have zero life other than work and commute. And burning baked goods but pretending I’m a delightful Baker. By the way, I brought the cake to work and 3/4 of the cake was still in the kitchen when I left work. Diana the birthday girl thanked me for bringing cake but didn’t thank me for the cake. I didn’t try any because I was busy but people said I was avoiding it because I knew it was bad. I was highly indignant and insulted. I need to lose weight and I am simply watching my calories! ?
They don't have any faith in your baking skills, do they? :eek: ?

Zoeclare

Uk
I don't what possessed me but I just bought these slightly rude looking brass tortoises! One is a lamp and the other two are free standing

Zoeclare

Uk
Parcels turned up yay! Even got the second one I was waiting for which is really exciting it's a rhp! Exciting for me anyway as these are virtually impossible to find in the UK for some reason

Attachments

• DSC_0770.JPG
    DSC_0770.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I collect stuff like that. Part of my non life. I have tortoises of all sizes and shapes. So my house if full of turtles and tortoises alive and not. Dale Earnhardt collectibles and Camaro collectibles. I should take a picture

Zoeclare

Uk
I collect stuff like that. Part of my non life. I have tortoises of all sizes and shapes. So my house if full of turtles and tortoises alive and not. Dale Earnhardt collectibles and Camaro collectibles. I should take a picture
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've always loved tortoises so I've got loads of random tortoise ornaments around the house ?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I made dinner since I am a master baker now. I took a roll of Pillsberry crescent rolls that didn’t have any perforations in it and stretched it out on a sheet of parchment paper and then I laid out a whole bunch a prosciutto and grated on some gruyere. It was rather tasty. The only change I would make is next time I’m going to put some hatch chilies on it do you have a little spiciness. Diana told me that the cake yesterday was dry, rather tasteless, and tasted slightly moldy. She picked up on the lemon but couldn’t tell that I had passion fruit in the cake. She kept saying it was the thought that counted but then I found out that behind my back they had a rum cake and didn’t even give me any. Beasts.

Attachments

• 698DED8B-80C9-4628-89FE-1AF1B91D72DD.jpeg
    698DED8B-80C9-4628-89FE-1AF1B91D72DD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I made dinner since I am a master baker now. I took a roll of Pillsberry crescent rolls that didn’t have any perforations in it and stretched it out on a sheet of parchment paper and then I laid out a whole bunch a prosciutto and grated on some gruyere. It was rather tasty. The only change I would make is next time I’m going to put some hatch chilies on it do you have a little spiciness. Diana told me that the cake yesterday was dry, rather tasteless, and tasted slightly moldy. She picked up on the lemon but couldn’t tell that I had passion fruit in the cake. She kept saying it was the thought that counted but then I found out that behind my back they had a rum cake and didn’t even give me any. Beasts.
People say it's the thought that counts, when some jerk has given you a gift that no normal person would want. I'm sorry about your cake, I've been there, done that

Zoeclare

Uk
I think your cake looked very nice ?

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I think your cake looked very nice ?
Thank you! I got the recipe from the Internet for the Netflix great British baking show and I might try again because it sure smells good. I love passion fruit and it was a recipe made by Baker named Ruby on the final. I love watching that show because I wish I could make stuff like they do.