THE NUT HOUSE

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
One of my chickens has finally started laying…about every other day i send my son out to look and you would think he finds gold.. He is so excited over finding an egg!!! And as an added extra, he loves for me to cook them now. There is something to be said about raising your own and providing for your self. It hits home for him now !

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
One of my chickens has finally started laying…about every other day i send my son out to look and you would think he finds gold.. He is so excited over finding an egg!!! And as an added extra, he loves for me to cook them now. There is something to be said about raising your own and providing for your self. It hits home for him now !
I just hardboiled 21 eggs from 8 chickens. 5 are half Deathlayer and boy do they!I gave away dozen eggs and my neighbor gave me back a loaf of banana bread!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I just hardboiled 21 eggs from 8 chickens. 5 are half Deathlayer and boy do they!I gave away dozen eggs and my neighbor gave me back a loaf of banana bread!
I love those kind of deals! There was a man that my friend works with who sent my mother a couple of leghorns.. I repaid him with some Madurai tortoise chow for his Sulcata’s.. ( I’m really wanting to get a look at them but I haven’t even met the man.. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I don't know which one is my favorite ? but the after party looks like us after an evening of snorting ?
Amen!!! It wasn’t even my party but that’s exactly how I felt the next day.. I just dont get the luxury of laying around with No worries… why can’t someone like me own me???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Amen!!! It wasn’t even my party but that’s exactly how I felt the next day.. I just dont get the luxury of laying around with No worries… why can’t someone like me own me???
I don't get it either. I keep wondering when did I sign ☢️ up to be everyone's chief cook and bottle washer and all that.? I'm so old I must have forgot where I put it when I signed the contract. If I ever remember where it is I'm making them sign up too ?????

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Wow are all the Nuts gone or sumthing????
I lived in the Central Valley in California for a lotta years and 115 degrees for weeks in the Summer is common. But 109 degrees in the Willamette Valley in Oregon is simply too awful. 80% humidity...this is the hottest in recorded history. I have 2 old window air conditioners that couldn't get the temps below 86 degrees yesterday. Mary Knobbins was so hot she scooched in under a bush and wouldn't move. She normally takes herself to bed, but it was so hot in the tort shed she wouldn't go in.
Clouds moved on and we should be 90 degrees today and that sounds so much cooler...egads!!
100_0160.JPG
Mary got some bell peppers yesterday....I'm just not too sure she enjoyed them...lol
100_0189.JPG
I started sawing down some trees...with a 12 inch Stanley hand saw. Fun stuff!
100_0089.JPG

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I lived in the Central Valley in California for a lotta years and 115 degrees for weeks in the Summer is common. But 109 degrees in the Willamette Valley in Oregon is simply too awful. 80% humidity...this is the hottest in recorded history. I have 2 old window air conditioners that couldn't get the temps below 86 degrees yesterday. Mary Knobbins was so hot she scooched in under a bush and wouldn't move. She normally takes herself to bed, but it was so hot in the tort shed she wouldn't go in.
Clouds moved on and we should be 90 degrees today and that sounds so much cooler...egads!!
View attachment 330876
Mary got some bell peppers yesterday....I'm just not too sure she enjoyed them...lol
View attachment 330877
View attachment 330878
First, you are amazing. Living in Phoenix I forget that if you don’t live in an area that commonly goes over 110° you aren’t prepared for the type of heat that can happen and his happening in the Northwest. I hope it cools off but I hear that it’s going to get a little worse again. I will be wishing you cool thoughts and be careful with that saw. I don’t know about you but I need all of my body parts.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 330876
View attachment 330877
View attachment 330878
You should get yourself a cheap little bow saw for that. They go through small trees like that easier than a handsaw. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Pickles and pickle juice is really good when it’s hot.. ( so I’ve heard anyway) Bearing that thought in mind, I found something today to help me beat the heat.. doesn’t hurt that it’s Friday as well.. I’ll let you know how it turns out..
View attachment 330902
???
I can't wait ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
You have a wabbit?! That’s awesome! Yes, I have my little zoo too, I have a 36 gallon goldfish tank, a 5.2 gallon ADF tank, three torts, two dogs, and snails. It’s a LOT of work, some might think I’m crazy, but I love it, and hope to get more critters soon! Hopefully a Leopard Tortoise with in the next few years!

YOU HAAAAVVVEEE SNAAAIILLLLSSS!?!?
??????????????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster