THE NUT HOUSE

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Look at my “impulse” buy today.. I went to the feed store for feed of course and left with these ladies:) I’ve been working on my chicken pen relentlessly in my spare time and I’m almost done with it. Tomorrow I’ve got to run a border on the bottom amd move the brooder house in and then my First Ladies can move in:)... My son picked out the Wyandotte and the Rhode island red. The Wyandotte, he named Black Shadow and he’s still waffling on the Red lady.. The two buff Orpingtons were my pick and their names are Diaz and Witherspoon:) View attachment 320398View attachment 320399
Love the orpingtons! They are all so cute! My buddy that admits he is a redneck has an old stake side trailer - like 40' from a tractor trailer that he uses for his chicken coop, He has a real mini farm going on!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Love the orpingtons! They are all so cute! My buddy that admits he is a redneck has an old stake side trailer - like 40' from a tractor trailer that he uses for his chicken coop, He has a real mini farm going on!
My youngest son built one from free pallets and sided it. You can't tell until you go inside.?

Danimal

5 Year Member
MS
Oh I love your goats!! I would like a little girl goat. I can confirm your explanation of the male goats...Here’s my big nasty man goat.... Barney. Yes pee’s everything, poops everything, rams everything, eats everything, and never shuts up. He’s going on 13 yrs old. Oh and he also rubs his horns on anything to make noise at least every 2 hrs.

We attempted to make him a tad more safe with pool noodles. This lasted maybe 10 mins
And here he is before and after when he opened the shed and ate a whole bucket of soaked beet pulp

The pool noodles cracked me up, but it makes total sense. I literally just walked in the other room and told my wife she was right we should just pay a stud fee if we decide to try to breed them. ? Love the horse, I used to ride one very similar. He is retired from riding now living the good life in one of the pastures.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
The pool noodles cracked me up, but it makes total sense. I literally just walked in the other room and told my wife she was right we should just pay a stud fee if we decide to try to breed them. ? Love the horse, I used to ride one very similar. He is retired from riding now living the good life in one of the pastures.
Love hearing that! We will have pastures one day!! Not here in this desert hell hole... ? anyways, thats my sisters horse Moose. He is a 5 yr old mustang from the Hines Oregon area, the South Steens mountains I believe. We got him and an older mustang in 2018. The older mustang was 8 when we got him and was gelded at 8 by the BLM peeps. So he was untouched by humans until then. He is the smartest horse I’ve encountered. It’s funny when you compare him to my domestics....this is Tank
14263153-F3F8-4D9A-A3B2-CF8FEE2CB9A4.jpegDA730968-99B8-4B7C-8405-1E925E799B40.png

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Love hearing that! We will have pastures one day!! Not here in this desert hell hole... ? anyways, thats my sisters horse Moose. He is a 5 yr old mustang from the Hines Oregon area, the South Steens mountains I believe. We got him and an older mustang in 2018. The older mustang was 8 when we got him and was gelded at 8 by the BLM peeps. So he was untouched by humans until then. He is the smartest horse I’ve encountered. It’s funny when you compare him to my domestics....this is Tank
View attachment 320512View attachment 320513

OMG!!!!!
I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!! !!!!!!
I WANT TANK!!!!
I LOVE HIM!!!!
???????

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh I love your goats!! I would like a little girl goat. I can confirm your explanation of the male goats...Here’s my big nasty man goat.... Barney. Yes pee’s everything, poops everything, rams everything, eats everything, and never shuts up. He’s going on 13 yrs old. Oh and he also rubs his horns on anything to make noise at least every 2 hrs.

View attachment 320484View attachment 320485
We attempted to make him a tad more safe with pool noodles. This lasted maybe 10 mins
And here he is before and after when he opened the shed and ate a whole bucket of soaked beet pulp
View attachment 320486View attachment 320487View attachment 320488
One of my Pygmy (back when I had goats and did not have a husband) bloated so badly that he couldn’t stand up. I think I possibly saved his life with a natural kids laxative remedy..

and I was never sure if all that stinky spray going on was all pee.. the males were nasty!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
View attachment 320512View attachment 320513
One of my close friends has one that looks very similar.. his name is Mouse... lol

Tank is a very handsome fellow!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ha ha! What are the odds!
yes tank is very pretty. Should see his big a** do his random sprints in the yard... not quite the zoomies but random sprints with purpose....
I like watching those two humps fight for territory... if you remember Wheezer off of Steel Magnolias, I think she termed it perfectly... “Like two pigs fighting in a blanket”... I love A big horse!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I like watching those two humps fight for territory... if you remember Wheezer off of Steel Magnolias, I think she termed it perfectly... “Like two pigs fighting in a blanket”... I love A big horse!

No no EllieMay!..
I know that line all too well.....
The line goes like this :
“ it’s like two pigs fighting under a blanket.”
??????????