The Newest Member Of The Family

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
My cave has finally reached a halt (for the meantime :p) and my GPP fever has slowly come to an end (for now :p) this up and coming weekend I'm picking up the newest member of my Leopard family. I'm more than happy to have settled with a GPP Leo trio, until the fever sets in (hopefully not until next year or so lol) and they're all from different breeders. The newest one is about a week old and one of the first to hatch from its clutch. This one is being given to me by a friend who breeds S.A. Leopards from his own captive raised adults, he doesn't advertise or do public sales. I'm beyond grateful to have been given this opportunity to take one of his offspring's. I've never raised a single tortoise with an extra scute and I'm excited to see how this one and the rest grows. I've got a quarantined closed chamber ready for when s/he gets here. :D

dbc5.jpg

axng.jpg

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Its so cute. I only have sulcatas but leopards are my next favorite. Congratulations on your new family member and good luck to you. Extra scute babies are soo cute love them. :heart:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow I have to say out of all the babies I've seen recently this one has a very unique look that I really really like. I need to make friends with whoever your friend is! Lol But seriously it's beautiful and I hope all goes well with it.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My, my, what a beauty! I can't wait to see your newest addition. I wish I had a friend that breed SA Leos. I have three sullies, but my next favorite are leos. Their carapace is so beautiful. Best to you and your new baby! Yes, you do have the "fever!":D

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
THANKS EVERYONE! :D Barb, it's a life threatening fever to catch! I should probably stay away from TFO, for a while or I'll have no home to raise my Leo's lol. I blame TFO! :p
wellington said:
Nice, really nice. Nice friend too. You got the fever bad:D

That's how it started, I only kept Sulcata's for a decade and then out of nowhere the "fever" set in! I kept a couple Leo's in the past, but didn't keep them long enough because I wanted to focus on Sulcata's. Before you know it, you'll have one or a few! Just wait, the fever will get you too! :p
sissyofone said:
Its so cute. I only have sulcatas but leopards are my next favorite. Congratulations on your new family member and good luck to you. Extra scute babies are soo cute love them. :heart:

I normally don't choose extra scute babies and they're all unique in their own way, but this one stole my attention at first glance. I kept starring at this one because his/her vertebral scute looks like a shape of skull to me and has a face to go with it. :p The dots/patterns are unlike any of my GPP's I have now. I'll ask my friend what he plans to do with the ones that hatch. ;)
diamondbp said:
Wow I have to say out of all the babies I've seen recently this one has a very unique look that I really really like. I need to make friends with whoever your friend is! Lol But seriously it's beautiful and I hope all goes well with it.

I'll definitely go picture crazy when I have him/her back home! :D Just like I said to sissyofone, it'll happen to you too!
sibi said:
My, my, what a beauty! I can't wait to see your newest addition. I wish I had a friend that breed SA Leos. I have three sullies, but my next favorite are leos. Their carapace is so beautiful. Best to you and your new baby! Yes, you do have the "fever!":D