the new "what do you look like" thread

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Neither do I.
And I seem to be one of the least photogenic of our members. So I'll cease posting more.

Where did you get that idea? You're as photogenic as any of us.

I like seeing an updated pic now and then of you. I smile ? and say to myself "there's my online friend!"

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I read your entire thread on ghostly unexplained encounters over 3 nights. Was my bedtime reading. Really fascinating. We have a few to add to that thread in due course. Still haven't seen your picture but haven't looked back on this thread which I note is over 150 pages long!
Great
Please do ad your story (ies)!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Where did you get that idea? You're as photogenic as any of us.

I like seeing an updated pic now and then of you. I smile ? and say to myself "there's my online friend!"
I look like a cross between an extra in an old wild west movie and a biker. Or both.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I've always wondered why there are NO CONFIRMED cases of a love connection happening here amongst our many single members with at least tortoises in common.

Most of us live too far away from each other.

And though there may not be love connections, friendships certainly are made. ??

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Cool
You travel with your tortoise?
Yes, he comes with us everywhere - we try to make sure he goes out every day- often to look at the sea,just a few miles away - he is fascinated by the waves. We went to London to visit a friend, and came back via Stonehenge, which my husband had never seen. we had a lovely time - there were lots of tourists going round, but many of them were actually more interested in Zola than ancient monuments -especially the children - and he was happy to meet people, as always. We asked people to tell us the word for "tortoise" in their own language, and we got many different words - we have kept doing that with people we have met since, and so far have a list of over 40 different words !
Zola was fine during the journey, and seems to enjoy the vibration of the engine. We wouldn't do this if he didn't like it - he always seems quite excited when we carry him to the car !
I posted a long introduction about his life last October, under "Please welcome Zola"