The new guy!

BKFritz

Hi all! I'm a new Leopard tortoise mommy! He is such a joy to have! I have had him for about 1-month and I don't regret it at all! He came to us from Tortoise Supply and I must say, they are awesome to work with.

I had a tortoise for a while when I was a teen (14-years-ago). My mom "inherited" him from a friend of hers that passed away. I have no idea what kind he was, or his age. I do know that, knowing what I know now, I'm surprised he lived. He was probably about 4" from scute to scute but he was given to us in a 10 gallon fish tank with aquarium rocks for substrate. No basking light, no UVB light, nothing. At the time it seemed normal I guess, but thinking about it now I am absolutely mortified! Thankfully my mom was smart and let a family friend with some knowledge take him home.

Sheldons enclosure is a work in progress. He is currently in one of those large under the bed totes that is surrounded by a padlocked wood and wire mesh cage. I have kids, and cats and it seemed like the best way to keep him safe. Once our basement renovation is done he will have a much larger, less plastic place to spend his days. I am also really looking forward to getting the little guy outside! If this crappy Minnesota weather would ever cooperate! It's OK I suppose, it gives me time to fashion up a predator proof pen.

Anyways, that's my story...I really look forward to being a part of this community! Truth be told, I have been creeping this forum for a few months (doing my research) and it just now occurred to me that I should register to be a member. :)

I attempted to attach a picture of Sheldon (original, I know hahaha). I hope it worked!
IMG_4539.png

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
It's a great looking leopard! Tyler at tortoise supply is a joy to work with .

Ashes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Beautiful! Welcome! :)