The New Beginning of Kameya Habitats

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
My family had recently moved to a new home here in Orange County, and luckily we were also able to transfer most my turtles and tortoises with us to the new place. I am very happy with the new backyard we got, and now I had to pull up my sleeves and put on my sombrero to build and setup different habitats for each species.

Here are a few photos of the new yard for the turtles and tortoises, and I will spend the next two weekends to setup the habitats...

Patio cover with flower garden just right outside of the kitchen area...
backyard-01.jpg

The flower garden with the existing pre-formed pool...love the pre-formed pool as I can drop one of my tortoises in there right away... ^_^
backyard-02.jpg

The backyard lawn with concrete planters on the sides and middle area...
backyard-03.jpg

I will post some more photos of the habitats next week once I put some works onto it...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Congratulations!
Very nice, where in orange county if you dont mind me asking?
I just moved recently but i lived in Whittier 18 years of my life, in la county.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Jacob said:
Congratulations!
Very nice, where in orange county if you dont mind me asking?
I just moved recently but i lived in Whittier 18 years of my life, in la county.

Cypress...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please don't drop the poor thing in the prefab, a nice soft release would be much better :p :D just kidding. You have some fun work ahead of you. Can't wait to see finished projects. Include the torts loving it:)

kameya

10 Year Member!
The New Kameya Habitats

Here are the new looks of the Kameya Habitats...

The Entrance...
new-habitats-01.jpg

new-habitats-02.jpg

The overall looks of the Kameya Garden...from right to left I've got 4 different habitats setups...
new-habitats-03.jpg

new-habitats-04.jpg

The Spotted Turtles waterland tub...
new-habitats-05.jpg

new-habitats-06.jpg

Box Turtles meadow...
new-habitats-07.jpg

new-habitats-08.jpg

Kameya Villa...I've cleaned out some of the plants in the pre-fab tub to make the area more suitable for my star tortoise...
new-habitats-11.jpg

new-habitats-12.jpg

new-habitats-13.jpg

new-habitats-14.jpg

Lastly, the big water turtles tank...it housed a few koi, RES, and map turtles....
new-habitats-09.jpg

new-habitats-10.jpg

This is where I would sit every morning and afternoon by the habitats to spend times with my turtles and tortoises...
new-habitats-16.jpg

more to come on backyard habitats...

I've also got two habitats setup inside my mini strawberry garden in the backyard...
new-habitats-17.jpg

I got two habitats setup using the raised-bed garden frame...pretty easy to install and will endure the outdoor conditions...
new-habitats-18.jpg

new-habitats-19.jpg

The bigger habitat housed a pair of the Hermann Tortoises...
new-habitats-20.jpg

new-habitats-21.jpg

new-habitats-22.jpg

new-habitats-23.jpg

And the smaller one housed a young Greek Tortoise I recently acquired from a local Petsmart store...

new-habitats-24.jpg

new-habitats-25.jpg

Now I can finally sit back and relax in my patio chair and enjoy my newly finished Kameya Habitats.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very cool...where did you get the raised flower bed pieces? I usually see wood material...I like the composite material much better....:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Fullerton checking in here, Everything looks great. I like the paint tray liner for a water dish

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very nice! It gives the instant feeling of wanting to just stop everything and sit down for a few to relax and enjoy.

kameya

10 Year Member!
ascott said:
Very cool...where did you get the raised flower bed pieces? I usually see wood material...I like the composite material much better....:D

Thanks for the compiment...I found the raised garden bed on the Amazon website, and you can get free shipping from Amazon for this big merchandise. It is very easy to put together, and the wall is about 11" high, so it's a quick and easy way to build an outdoor pen for your small tortoises.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZWNPBQ/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
You're backyard looks so amazing! I hope one day I can afford to buy my own house! I want to go back raising tortoise again.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.