The new arrival.

AgataP

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
After the whole stress of getting the baby it arrived this morning. First thing I did nice warm water and the baby right in. Seemed sleepy and after about 30 min in the bath and the real sun - Bellevue, WA very warm and humid today - baby simply became a little devil ?.
Stayed in a bath for another 15 min. So all together about 45 min. Made “him” a dandelion small cut salad turns out that was a hit. Than we did some grass exploring, put him in his temporary box as the enclosure is getting adjusted to all of the recommendations. Made a box with wet sponge inside attached to the top and after all the running, baby went to sleep in the humid box.
Please understand this is not the actual enclosure this is a temporary- up till this evening living quarters.

He absolutely loves the water dish. Ran over it probably 5 times stopping and putting his beak in taking sips.

I will give him another soak later on tonight probably little shorter.
Just want to share with you guys.
I am hoping the baby will make it and will become a strong, happy tortoise.
Going to the feed store to get the right bark and few other things.

Thank you all for helping with all my questions. I am sure there will be tones more coming.C4F1AC17-2687-4CBD-A704-7557DE869AF7.jpeg0322086A-2206-4A49-BF1E-4529FD74B9F1.jpeg9B5AF8F0-7A70-4994-86E1-F4121EE5517D.jpeg

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Gave him another soak in the evening. I swear the soak is like putting new batteries. He seems to love it.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Pooped 3rd time during his soak. Loves to eat dandelion- leaves and flowers, grass, and clovers. Great climber as well.
I left his small box for the outside activities after the soak. So he gets some sun and play time. Since it’s 80s full sun out.BCDC79AF-E3F1-414D-A6CA-D277EB99E67A.jpegB173E73A-0F88-4A80-8C63-695E359197BA.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So glad the he's eating and doing well! And the you are enjoying him so much. That's the best part! :)

AgataP

Seattle, WA
So glad the he's eating and doing well! And the you are enjoying him so much. That's the best part! :)

Thank you. He gained 2g so far (1g a day), I hope he will be fine I know he is still very fragile but I hope he will be a healthy adult.

I have so many rose flowers and other wild flowers I am gonna dry them up for winter time.
None of the plants uses chemicals and grass never gets sprayed. It’s more like a weeds field ??

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He’s the cutest little thing!! Congrats on your new baby. I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but what have you named him?

AgataP

Seattle, WA
He’s the cutest little thing!! Congrats on your new baby. I apologize if I missed it somewhere, but what have you named him?

You have not missed it I didn’t post the name yet.
I think I found the right one though!
I will post it tomorrow - I will make it official ??
Thank you very much he is quite a character. Not shy at all. If the mist touches him he makes himself tall and runs an angry circle. I am also hand feed him which makes me super happy. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will grow strong and happy. Such a good weed eater.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Update on new arrival.
First I would like to announce that we have named him Herbie. Yes just like the car in the movie. Just when everyone thinks it’s a “slow” tortoise he puts on 5th gear and he is gone.
D99302A7-B0A6-41E8-BF63-6C2596359344.jpeg
Second:
He seems to be doing well.
He is eating like a little tank. Planter box with cucumber flowers, some grass, kale-palms (no interest in that) seems to be his favorite spot when I take him outside to get some sun.
Third:
I didn’t think he grew much meaning “height” wise. Today I put him in his “bathtub” for a soak while I stare at him and enjoy my coffee and my jaw dropped. My baby Sulcata stood up, grabbed the edge of the bathtub and decided I am done over here “bye Felicia”. Bathtub immediately got an upgrade, water in, Herbie in soak done.
This is what we don’t leave them alone - bathtub was under cover but still.
A021FF57-CEA5-4D11-8EDE-021C37286970.jpeg

I was trying to cut some of the plant for him and chop it but he had no time for that. He runs to eat and chomps it down and pushes my hand away.
3965E34B-3E81-4DB6-AD84-02DCC7420010.jpegBF1A8C68-AF57-4A6F-9415-0998FEDD5651.jpeg

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I got no time for you to be cutting this cactus into smaller pieces ... I want I get I eat ...
Today we weighed in 43-44grams
Don’t mess with Herbie’s cactus and dandelion (both leaves and flowers).
7am sharp BD26A88A-0034-42A2-ADA4-59973612A919.jpegflowers are expected to show up

Happytort27

CA
I got no time for you to be cutting this cactus into smaller pieces ... I want I get I eat ...
Today we weighed in 43-44grams
Don’t mess with Herbie’s cactus and dandelion (both leaves and flowers).
7am sharp View attachment 304881flowers are expected to show up
Growing like a weed! Very adorable. ?

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Mama just finished this enclosure for me !!

I am very happy with my build. Tried few different things but this is for sure so far the most successful idea.
Herbie seems to be content.
More details will be added in the morning. 9A3DE8B4-95C7-4FB6-8643-2ED97BA9AAA9.jpeg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Oh my goodness those are the cutest pictures!!! He’s so sweet. ???

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Love having the camera installed. This morning I was able to see Herbie soaking and drinking on his own in his dish. Since I put plants (weeds) in his enclosure he is in love with it. Runs all over, eats like a horse and runs to get some heat. 2 min later something catches his attention and he runs to some grass that moved. Super fun to watch.
I just pull the weeds that he can eat and stick them in the enclosure some are thriving.
I139B16B3-8292-4BCC-B13C-77E78BA6FE5F.png