The Mafia Don Smoking His Cigar

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is my grand daughter's three toe box turtle. I gave "Humphrey" to her when he was just a tiny hatchling. She has done a great job of raising him, but he started to get a bit of shell rot on his plastron, so she dried out the substrate. Now, this current picture tells me that he's a bit too dry. She's trying to hit a happy medium with the moist/dry substrate. Humphrey and Ashley live in a New Jersey apartment and Humphrey is an indoor turtle with daily forays out onto the balcony sunshine.

hUMPHREY 5-3-19.JPG

TortillaTheTortioise

N/A
This is my grand daughter's three toe box turtle. I gave "Humphrey" to her when he was just a tiny hatchling. She has done a great job of raising him, but he started to get a bit of shell rot on his plastron, so she dried out the substrate. Now, this current picture tells me that he's a bit too dry. She's trying to hit a happy medium with the moist/dry substrate. Humphrey and Ashley live in a New Jersey apartment and Humphrey is an indoor turtle with daily forays out onto the balcony sunshine.

View attachment 271317

So cute! :)

Just wondering for shell rot, does it go away on its own or do u have to buy special creams?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK

View attachment 271317
“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse”~ Don Vito Corleone :D