THE JUNGLE FLORIDA

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Unfortunately, I can not recommend THE JUNGLE FLORIDA in Deerfield beach Florida.
This establishment has both a large variety of animals and a very friendly owner.
I had fully expected to like this place.
Initially, I was sold a female VOHEMAR Chameleon as a male for $349
I spoke to the owner, Jay. Bought the cham back and exchanged for a slightly larger confirmed male for yet another $100 cash.
(I'm including the price to show that I payed for a quality animal)
This one I noticed the next day was wobbly and had issues targeting food. I told Jay. I made an appointment at BROWARD AVIAN AND ECOTIC. A very highly regarded reptile vet that I use regularly.
Jay said "let me know".
The blood work, Xray and exam showed severe MBD. In fact, the bones that showed up on the X ray showed curved long bones. Some other bones were so soft that that didn't even show. Very brittle. Very likely to break.
The Chameleon has an unknown future.
I'll be administering oral calcium drops and he will require very special treatment and I'm sure many more vet visits and many more hundreds of dollars to make well.
I sent all of the vet information to Jay. The owner.
His response has been this:
●"The person I get my feeders from says they are gut loaded"
●"I change my bulbs every 6 months"
●"Sorry that this happened to you".
Well, gutloaded crickets stay gutloaded for about 24 hours. They need gutloading and Calcium (every feeding)with and without D3 supplements and vitamins occasionally dusted on them.
"Bulbs"? What bulbs? He has T8 lights and CFL that are entirety too far away. He also had no UV meter. You can change those light once a week and they are still not adequate.
And sorry? Sorry doesn't help me.
Sorry doesn't make my animal well.
Sorry doesn't help future customers from getting screwed....
Hopefully this and the other many reviews will.
STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS!

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Unfortunately, I can not recommend THE JUNGLE FLORIDA in Deerfield beach Florida.
This establishment has both a large variety of animals and a very friendly owner.
I had fully expected to like this place.
Initially, I was sold a female VOHEMAR Chameleon as a male for $349
I spoke to the owner, Jay. Bought the cham back and exchanged for a slightly larger confirmed male for yet another $100 cash.
(I'm including the price to show that I payed for a quality animal)
This one I noticed the next day was wobbly and had issues targeting food. I told Jay. I made an appointment at BROWARD AVIAN AND ECOTIC. A very highly regarded reptile vet that I use regularly.
Jay said "let me know".
The blood work, Xray and exam showed severe MBD. In fact, the bones that showed up on the X ray showed curved long bones. Some other bones were so soft that that didn't even show. Very brittle. Very likely to break.
The Chameleon has an unknown future.
I'll be administering oral calcium drops and he will require very special treatment and I'm sure many more vet visits and many more hundreds of dollars to make well.
I sent all of the vet information to Jay. The owner.
His response has been this:
●"The person I get my feeders from says they are gut loaded"
●"I change my bulbs every 6 months"
●"Sorry that this happened to you".
Well, gutloaded crickets stay gutloaded for about 24 hours. They need gutloading and Calcium (every feeding)with and without D3 supplements and vitamins occasionally dusted on them.
"Bulbs"? What bulbs? He has T8 lights and CFL that are entirety too far away. He also had no UV meter. You can change those light once a week and they are still not adequate.
And sorry? Sorry doesn't help me.
Sorry doesn't make my animal well.
Sorry doesn't help future customers from getting screwed....
Hopefully this and the other many reviews will.
STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS!
I have a coworker who purchased a turtle from The Jungle and it died a month later with what the vet believed was MBD as well. After this review from you @ZEROPILOT , I will definitely stay away.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a coworker who purchased a turtle from The Jungle and it died a month later with what the vet believed was MBD as well. After this review from you @ZEROPILOT , I will definitely stay away.
Interesting.
So, he was already aware, before my absolute proof, that his animals are unhealthy.
I guess cash is king and he doesn't care. I've seen that before in the trade.
Thank you

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
UPDATE
This business has gone out of business.
I'd be very proud if I knew for a fact that I had anything to do with it.
The place has reopened with a new owner and a new name. And I've been told by a knowledgeable friend that the place is much improved.
Let's hope that's true.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The business is now named:
COLD BLOODED KINGDOM.
And the new owner has done a fantastic job of addressing the issues that plagued the last establishment

Last edited: