The Holiday Thread

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
@Yellow Turtle01 If I email you the blueberry streusel bread will you post for me? I had to retype it and my kid had a 8am soccer tourney and I was gone all day. I don't have time to figure out posting pics today. You can PM me.
Momof4, did you send me your recipe? I'm very sorry if you have! I'm one of those people who never checks their email :(
I'll go have a looksie.
I'm very sorry about that!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
2 cups flour

1-1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 stick butter

1-1/4 sugar

1tsp vanilla

2 large eggs

8 oz sour cream

1-1/2c frozen or fresh blueberries- I use 2 cups- Defrost frozen berries.

STREUSEL Topping

1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

1/8 tsp cinnamon

2 TBS butter

Preheat oven 350. Grease and dust flour in 2 aluminum loaf pans. In medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl add soften butter and beat. Add sugar beat and vanilla beat. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each egg. Then add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning with flour and ending with flour.

Fold in blueberries and even divide mixture between 2 pans. Make streusel in small bowl. I use really soft almost melted butter and add the rest of ingredients. Spoon topping over batter evenly. Bake 1 hour 10 min or until tooth pick is clean. When cool, loosen pans and remove bread. Enjoy!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I may need to buy an oven so I can bake cookies.

...and all this time I thought you lived in the forest and lured young children to your cabin so you could put them into your oven!

(Children's stories are pretty gruesome, aren't they?)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hahaha, thinking of giving out 14 loaves of your blueberry bread make me think of out lemon bread.
It looks like to most terrible thing ever, because it's nasty mustard color and it has little dots for the poppies, but it's actually tasty:p
It's got this topping of PURE sugar and some lemon to make it liquid, and a lot of out friends are on that 'gluten free, no sugar' train and it's so funny because they love the bread... but the toppping the most :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hahaha, thinking of giving out 14 loaves of your blueberry bread make me think of out lemon bread.
It looks like to most terrible thing ever, because it's nasty mustard color and it has little dots for the poppies, but it's actually tasty:p
It's got this topping of PURE sugar and some lemon to make it liquid, and a lot of out friends are on that 'gluten free, no sugar' train and it's so funny because they love the bread... but the toppping the most :p
And where is this recipe?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:p The book is in the attic (my mom's got that recipe so memorized:p ) and I have to go up there to get a tablecloth for tonight anyway... :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, tomorrow I'll be eating the last of my turkey soup (from thanksgiving) for lunch. I made it different this time, as I added cream at the end to make it a creamy soup. Eaten with really fresh french bread it's the bomb!!

I'm still waiting on the lemon thing recipe. I love lemon things!