The Holiday Thread

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
When I was 11, (this was actually before I had any reptiles!) My mom got me this beautiful necklace with a crystal tortoise on it.
She said that toys had lost value to me, and she wanted to give me something that would last forever (I mean, it's REALLY nice) And though I hate jewelry (I don't have pierced earso_O ) I wore it everyday for 3 years, until I accidentally dropped it into the river here, and I was way more careful with after that. :(
This necklace means so much to me because my mom tries not to encourage reptiles in my world, but she really embraced it.:(
When she was 10, her mom had a severe heart attack and dies a few weeks later, and she gave my mom this white gold cross (no chain, my mom got one) and she wears it everyday... everyday for over 30 years. :<3:

Wonderful memory you shared with us. Sorry you lost it, but perhaps someday it will magically be found. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
i remember back in the day when i believed i santa christmas was so fun, i was ways got up at 5 i the morning and ran to the tree. but now it seems so boring:( i miss those days.

As you age, the holidays take on new and different meanings.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Music always played a big part of our Christmas season. Growing up I recall each year my Mom would go to Goodyear and buy their record album of holiday songs each year (plus another album she would buy). From Thanksgiving meal until the end of Christmas, holiday songs were played. After I was grown, she got a small player and started collecting the CDs.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is there a holiday song that you love? I have two Feliz Navidad is my all time favorite with Drummer Boy following closely.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know about favorite songs, but I LOVE Christmas movies (excluding "It's a Wonderful Life", I hate that one). I love all the new feel good Christmas movies that they show on cable this time of year.

And I must admit that there are three threads on the forum that are my favorites - this one, naturally, the gardening thread and the chat thread. I've gotten to know those people through their posts and I really enjoy reading them.