The good news

Location (City and/or State)
United States
I just found out my tortoise i used to own grew really big once i gave it to my local pet store owner, i knew it was going to the right place cause he owns a really big sulcata . My tortoise was about 6 inches female and my friends was a male baby about 2 to 3 inches. My friend said that he asked the pet shop how they were doing a couple years ago and he was told they grew a lot. Mine grew to the full length and his is 13 inches. And i was like to my friend yeah they grew fast cause they are on a farm now. They were in a small tank i think 70 gallon i dont remember. It makes me happy to know that i did the right thing. Before i got rid of it i was working on a bigger enclosure but then i canceled the project because it wasnt possible because it was a giant tv stand shelf. But it was dirty an practically uncleanable thats why. I got rid of them because my friend wanted to get rid of his and i didnt want them to be seperated cause they seemed to go everywhere eachother went in the tank.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Im glad it seems to have worked out.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
The bullying could also be why one grew so much faster than the other, if I read the original post correctly.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Glad it all came out OK for them!