The End Of Pyramiding

andre_saltiva

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
-7° 12' 57.65", +107° 55' 24.57"
Tom said:
32-35 would be a better soaking temperature. Its okay to mist or soak when he's laying around sleeping. Some of them take some time to get used to the soaks. Its okay. Its good for them. Make sure the water is not too deep, and that it stays the correct temp too. Its best to use a tall sided tub that they can't see through.
Thx for all your concern
Now i only need spray once a day to get humid 80-90% all the day, second spray make humid reach 94% ouchh
I'll give you update how your method working with star
Keep the hard work tom
Thx

tortoise007 said:
BTW, your enclosure looks epic! I might steal some of those ideas:p
Which page did you see tom's enclosure? I can't find any

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And to call it a "little experiment" is quite demeaning. Tom has gone to great lengths to ensure a quality experiment...using many tortoises, not just one or two, and sharing his results with us for over 3 years. Not many of us can afford (time wise and money wise) to take on such an experiment with so many tortoises and it was and is great that he has done it and shared so openly with us.

justino4444

5 Year Member
Tom said:
justino4444 said:
Your little experiment

Not really sure what you mean. This thread is three and a half years old, and it has worked out very well. Much has been learned.
Never mind I'm stupid haha

Yvonne G said:
And to call it a "little experiment" is quite demeaning. Tom has gone to great lengths to ensure a quality experiment...using many tortoises, not just one or two, and sharing his results with us for over 3 years. Not many of us can afford (time wise and money wise) to take on such an experiment with so many tortoises and it was and is great that he has done it and shared so openly with us.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I feel really stupid

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Justino, Did you read just the first page or two and then post a response? :p

No offense taken at all, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from.

justino4444

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Justino, Did you read just the first page or two and then post a response? :p

No offense taken at all, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from.
That's exactly what I did didn't really feel like reading 14 pages

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Yvonne G said:

My sentiments exactly. I came to the forum three years ago, having just rescued a baby sulcata. Tom's openness about his failures raising sulcata with the old methods and his excitement about the results he was getting using high humidity captured my attention. His explanations made sense to me and the methods seemed very practical. They were things that I could do as the keeper of a single tortoise on a limited budget. Today I have a 3 1/5 year old sulcata that is smooth growing, healthy, and I hope he is happy. He is sleeping outdoors in a safe, warm house that Tom designed and shared with all of us. And I will add that later today, since the temps will be above 70F, my sulcata will come out and graze on a grass seed mix that Tom found and shared with us all.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
45 pages filled with such important information and I've read every single page! This wonderful experimental journey that Tom has taken us on goes so far above and beyond what anyone has done for our beloved sullies. To say thank you doesn't seem enough for all the time and effort Tom has put into this experiment but THANK YOU Tom, from the bottom of my heart. I have a very healthy, happy and smooth 16 month old Samson because you chose to take the time to share. :)

BK-JAY

5 Year Member
Brooklyn New York
Ok Tom it's been 6 months or so since our last up-date pictures. Time to let us see how good these guys are looking. Thanks in advance

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ok. Its pouring rain right now. First time in over a year. They will be out and ready for new pics when the weather clears.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
Ok. Its pouring rain right now. First time in over a year. They will be out and ready for new pics when the weather clears.

No kidding! I'm planning a two year update in May...replete with rain photos. These guys love the rain! :D