The Day I got my Sulcata (MUST READ)

DrSpurred

Location (City and/or State)
Lambertville, NJ USA
IMG_0036.jpg
The day I got my Sulcata was such a amazing day, he arrived at around 10:30am and was completely covered in dirt, I quickly soaked him and gave him a good cleaning with a soft bristle toothbrush. The difference below is astonishing. I ordered him from Backwater Reptiles in South Florida. I am also publishing this to inform everyone not to buy a tortoise from them! He arrived freezing cold (I know that they do that to "chill" them but he was absolutely ice cold.), he had a RI (Respiratory Infection) from the facility he was held in. Luckily I worked in a local veterinary clinic and quickly read up on how to treat reptiles with this issue, and over the course of a week he was restored to a happy, energetic Sully. I hit some bumps along the way due to the lack/incorrect information that was given to me around the internet but then I ran into this Forum which is another reason why my Sulcata is doing so well now. This forum is truly special and I know that I have not been a member for long but there are such amazing people on here who help the uneducated folks like me who thought they knew what they were doing. I want to give a special thanks to TechnoCheese and Tom for helping me correct my mistakes (there were a lot of them[emoji24][emoji24]), with out them and the other members of IMG_0076.jpg this forum I don't know if my Sulcata would be here today. Thank you all again and I will be sure to keep you all up to date with Galileo's growth and health! THANK YOU ALL AGAIN
@TechnoCheese
@Tom

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Thank you so much! I am honored to have helped you! And I do agree, this forum is truly amazing. They even helped ME figure things out!