The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Zamric said:
Tom said:
What do you think so far?

I was surprized to see info on the leopard tort as well... didn't realize there was so much shared history between the 2 in a battle for land and resources!

I've read that book ten times and I don't remember this. Leopards and sulcatas don't occur in the same areas in the wild, or so I thought. Time to read it for the 11th time. :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Tom said:
Zamric said:
Tom said:
What do you think so far?

I was surprized to see info on the leopard tort as well... didn't realize there was so much shared history between the 2 in a battle for land and resources!

I've read that book ten times and I don't remember this. Leopards and sulcatas don't occur in the same areas in the wild, or so I thought. Time to read it for the 11th time. :)

pg 12 and 13. it also states they eventually settled in differant areas...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Covergirlbeads....

This is how you find a copy.... Goodluck, Tomas still has a few left but thanks to TFO... they seem to be going quickly!:)

Tom said:
Well I can't get any sort of volume discount. The book costs $30, including shipping. It is out of print and there are only around 50 copies left. Everyone who wants it should go directly through Tomas Diagne at the African Chelonian Institute. He gave me permission to share his contact email here for this purpose. You can reach him and order the book at:
[email protected]

Now hurry up and get it so we can all read it and compare notes!!!

Awsome BOOK! I'm reading it a second time, and Cathie is getting tire of me quoting the book about one trait or another or all the little facts that go with. I just wish there was an up-dated volume!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well I got my copy paid for just now. So I hope to get it in 2 weeks or so! :) Can't wait after hearing all the good things about it!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
emysemys said:
If I'm not mistaken, that's a pretty old book. I think its been around since the '80s. However, it was in French and never in English. Nice to see that you can now get a copy with the English translation.

So Yvonne, did you read it in French? Is that another of your many skills?:tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
cemmons12 said:
I was thinking that I read it is from the mid to late 90's.

It's says right on the cover June, 2000.

In the text it talks about studies and new info from '97 and '98.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Tom said:
cemmons12 said:
I was thinking that I read it is from the mid to late 90's.

It's says right on the cover June, 2000.

In the text it talks about studies and new info from '97 and '98.

Well, at least I was close about something I commented on, for a change! :p

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
I finally got my copy! Can't wait for some time to read it. It also just hit me that I'm about to graduate and won't be able to use my university's article database anymore so I've started to print out all of the tortoise related papers I find.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well I got my book about 2-3 weeks ago and I love it! Thanks for the info on getting the book Tom!

Status
Not open for further replies.