The "COVE" New OutDoor Misting Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
With Summer approaching , it was time to add an outdoor mist system to the Redfoots and Cherryheads enclosure. Was easy to do ( actually premade hose) ….a few zip ties, 2- valve splitter off the house ….Wa La ~ … “ Insta’ Rain Forest”
MIst1.jpg
Mist2.jpg
Mist5.jpg

JD~ :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
That looks like a lot of fun JD, you sure it's only for the tortoise herd!? I vote you train one of your torts to operate the Cove Mister 6000 (how's the name?). On a 90+ degree day, grab a lawn chair, gin & tonic, and tell your shelled friend to hit the switch :D. Instant. Misting. Chill-park.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Redstrike said:
That looks like a lot of fun JD, you sure it's only for the tortoise herd!? I vote you train one of your torts to operate the Cove Mister 6000 (how's the name?). On a 90+ degree day, grab a lawn chair, gin & tonic, and tell your shelled friend to hit the switch :D. Instant. Misting. Chill-park.

HA HA ... Chris .. Ya Buddy ... I think you're on to sumping! :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Bring on the summer...I bet I can wrangle up a lawn chair and a jug o margaritas for a cool off spot like that.....lol...very nice :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
ascott said:
Bring on the summer...I bet I can wrangle up a lawn chair and a jug o margaritas for a cool off spot like that.....lol...very nice :D

mmmmmm Margi's... :)

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I have been spraying mine down 3 times a day. This 90 degree weather is exhausting. The torts seem to like it..although seeking lots of shade in the late morning early afternoon. This seems like a simple solution...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nice. It seems about every year I have to replace my mister system but it's worth it. They're very cheap now. I found one at sans club for 38 bucks and it has a 2 hour timer on it. Works great. It goes off every two hours starting at 9:30a.m and I end the cycle at 8:30 p.m. It's a must have for Texas summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.