The Blossom Thread.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I love that second pic....kinda looks like he is nervously looking over his shoulder " okay, just sit still and it will go aways".....lol...beautiful tort by the way, he has a handsome face for sure....

Flipper

MO, USA
I can't wait til you get a biggin' scale :p

Blossom is gorgeous :<3: Sooooo smooth :tort::<3:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Haha. Well I do have a bigger one. But I had to rewire it and keep forgetting to bring it back down to the buildings from the house. I'm curious too. I'd bet 11-12 pounds easy. Chunky monkey he is.

Flipper

MO, USA
Haha. Well I do have a bigger one. But I had to rewire it and keep forgetting to bring it back down to the buildings from the house. I'm curious too. I'd bet 11-12 pounds easy. Chunky monkey he is.
Do you know for sure that it's a HE???

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Do you know for sure that it's a HE???
Nope. Not sure at all. Was going to get him/her scoped. But I figured what's the point I will find out in about 4-5 years anyways maybe. From lots of conversations with @ALDABRAMAN (Greg) the behavior theory he has of the young ones seems to waiver towards female. Just based on it's behavior. However I don't handle or rarely pick him up except for occasion weights, measurements etc.. Which I have been bad about recently. I kinda hope it's a female. But either way I don't care which it is. I'd suspect at the rate it's growing it would be male. At 11" and 10-12 pounds for a 1 year 4 month old is as I here quite a huge specimen for its age. But who knows could slow down a lot. As it kinda has slowed in length growth. But mass, height, and width has sure grown a lot this summer.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
o_O

~ WOW, That could be a record!
Lol no telling. I will check tonight Greg. Of course being in the greenhouse he/she has already as seen above started some new growth. Super warm and very very humid. I wish I could have sod in the greenhouse. But still getting some grass clippings and weeds,

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
So blossom aka chunky monkey is a chunk. Weighing 10.75 pounds. Couldn't get a measurement as it takes two people now because s(he) is quite the squirmer. But we don't handle him/her at all except for random measurements and weights, which has not been often lately. Was very hard getting it on the scale and staying still.

Chunky monkey almost doesn't fit in the sink anymore haha.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
~ It is hard to tell from the picture, however looks over 12" sl at least! :p
Well just weighed measured and picked s(he) ups talk about chunk McGee. This is specalatory the season it was hatched out just 2 years ago. So we will say it's blossoms 2nd birthday today.

Weighing in at 12.75 pounds.
I'm flying lol
image.jpg
Prim thinking maybe female? I know it's entirely too early to know. But disposition is very reclusive and runs off when handled. Then again I do t handle very much at all.
image.jpg
image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well just weighed measured and picked s(he) ups talk about chunk McGee. This is specalatory the season it was hatched out just 2 years ago. So we will say it's blossoms 2nd birthday today.

Weighing in at 12.75 pounds.
I'm flying lol
View attachment 126083
Prim thinking maybe female? I know it's entirely too early to know. But disposition is very reclusive and runs off when handled. Then again I do t handle very much at all.
View attachment 126084
View attachment 126085

Now Kelly, you know she is way too young to sex yet, overly anxious are we:p. Just picking. She looks great and if we keep saying she, maybe we can convince the sexing gods to abide:D
@ALDABRAMAN care to give Kelly a tiny glimmer of hope;)