The Adventures of Littlefoot! (Pic Heavy)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
Yesterday was the 2 week anniversary of his arrival. :tort:

He was also introduced to the cats for the first time. Surprisingly, it went well! He wasn't afraid at all...and the cat I thought for sure would try to eat him actually was very patient and calm with him. He walked right on up to her and snuggled under her arm, and she just gave him a sniff and settled back into my lap.

I love all these little tiny milestones with him. When he first got here, he wouldn't let me touch his face. Then, head rubs were okay. The other day he let me hold his head between my thumb and finger and pick off a piece of lettuce from his face, and didn't even struggle.

...I think I've been bit by the bug.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Re: RE: The Adventures of Littlefoot! (Pic Heavy)

jaredherman said:
I think that bug bit you along time ago..:)

...mayyyyybeeeeee. :D

Found a few more pictures on my phone from The Great Cat Encounter of 2013. :p

This is Lola. She's slightly over 1 year old. This is her "Mom, wtf IS this thing?!" face.
1383777395033.jpg

"Oh, ok. Come on over, I guess."
1383777521168.jpg

"I don't know if I like it..."
1383777572228.jpg

"Yeah, I guess he's okay."
1383777651949.jpg

And I just checked on the little turdnugget...I think he misses his pansies.
1383777718025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
It's been like, 2 weeks since I updated this. What the heck is wrong with me?! :p

Littlefoot is still the bestest little guy around. He is growing beautifully (Chris called him "literally perfect", I think I swooned). :D

We've officially had him for 29 days (yes, I'm counting!). His 4 month birthday is on Friday. I am trying to decide on a special treat to get him for his "cake."

Today he tried wheatgrass, raddichio, and bean sprouts. I planted the wheatgrass last night, and so far the cats are the only ones who give a crap. But he LUUUUUURVS the raddichio and bean sprouts. :D He also had a strawberry last week and I swear he inhaled it faster than you can say "Dyson Ball."

I love my little man. :tort:

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
AW: The Adventures of Littlefoot! (Pic Heavy)

Who wouldn't love a face like that!

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I cleaned up Littlefoot's enclosure today. Lately the substrate has been starting to smell kindof funny, the moss was molding, and mushrooms kept popping up by his water dish. I think it was just having a hard time drying out. So today I scrubbed out his enclosure and all the pots and stuff too, tossed out the old substrate, made up a new batch of it and made it all pretty and clean. I tried more ecoearth in this mix than the last batch, and less soil, and used the dry bags of it instead of the bricks. I tried new moss too, and I am LOVING how it looks...super green and lush, and it is almost like a carpet that you can break up and lay down. Hopefully no more mold and smellies. :)

Littlefoot didn't like the cleaning process (or that I kicked him out of his "house" while I cleaned)...but he's a pretty happy camper now. :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WOW! Those are great close ups of his face! How did you do that??!?:)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND

Moozillion said:
WOW! Those are great close ups of his face! How did you do that??!?:)

Thank you! :D I hit the closeup setting on my camera, and hit the button. I love that camera! :p

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I have been thinking about getting a little hermit crab to clean up in Littlefoot's enclosure. He's such a messy little guy and tracks bits and pieces of his food everywhere. I will have to do some research, but if anyone has any input let me know. :)

glaerey

5 Year Member

StarSapphire22 said:
I have been thinking about getting a little hermit crab to clean up in Littlefoot's enclosure. He's such a messy little guy and tracks bits and pieces of his food everywhere. I will have to do some research, but if anyone has any input let me know. :)

i don't think its a good idea as hermits can inflict some serious bites.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I did another tracing/measuring/weigh-in with Littlefoot today, to add to his book. My little peanut is getting so big! I've been bad about putting the pages together (scrapbooking always seems like a hassle with 3 cats around, lol), but once they're finished, I'll post some pictures. For now, check these out! :D

It must be all that Mazuri he's chowing down. :D

I love how his shell is growing in. <3

We also added a little gnome to his enclosure recently. I've caught Littlefoot checking him out a few times. It's super adorable. :D

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Michigan
It looks like Littlefoot is giving the gnome the stink eye in the second to last pic. So precious! :D I can't wait until I get my Hermanns tortoise

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wonderful journey through the life and times of Littlefoot. I so enjoy the lovely pictures especially of his soaks. What type of bowl did you use that have those lovely round colored circles in it? I love the idea of the scrapbook! Good job Jessica :)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND

SunnySideUp said:
It looks like Littlefoot is giving the gnome the stink eye in the second to last pic. So precious! :D I can't wait until I get my Hermanns tortoise

Haha, he pooped on his base the other day. I thought it was pretty hysterical.

sibi said:
Wonderful journey through the life and times of Littlefoot. I so enjoy the lovely pictures especially of his soaks. What type of bowl did you use that have those lovely round colored circles in it? I love the idea of the scrapbook! Good job Jessica :)

Thanks Sibi! For his soaks, I use a small rubbermaid bin, like 15 quarts I think. When I first got him, he was slipping on the plastic and would slide all around and he seemed kinda stressed out. So after a couple days of that, I went to Target and got some bath grippies like you put in the tub. It was 6 clusters of blue pebble-shaped bits of plastic, and I cut them to fit and stuck the single "pebbles" I cut off between the clusters to fill in gaps. Now he's got some traction and is much happier. And it only cost a couple bucks. :) I like how it looks too! :D

I want to find a tub that is colored though...not opaque, but a clear color. He always runs along the walls of the tub trying to get out. That way he'll have a harder time seeing out, but I can still see in. I leave the lid on it to keep heat in, so I try to check on him through the sides as much as possible. And I'm going to find him a "pooping rock". He puts his front legs on the lip of his water saucer when he poops, so he's kinda standing on his hind legs...he tries to prop himself up on the wall of his tub, but it's too slippery. So I'm gonna find a rock to put in there that he can stand on. :)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Littlefoot is getting antsy in his enclosure. Eventually my stepdad is going to be building us a big enclosure, but we probably won't be getting that until February-April I think. So, for now, we're going to be cleaning out my 75 gallon aquarium next week and moving him over into that...new environment, slightly more space. My FIL is building us a hood out of some plywood to keep the humidity in/cats out. In the meantime, I'm trying to provide some extra stimuli...today we clipped some Raddichio onto the side of his bin and he had a blast. :D

(Here's a video...click the picture to watch it!)

And, as always, here's some random pics cause he's just so stinkin' cute. :)

(The End...lol!)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Littlefoot and I just watched Chris' new Hermanni identification video together. I already knew he was an Eastern, but it was fun to pick him up and look at scutes and stuff and actually see it on my little guy. Littlefoot had fun looking at the tortoises on my laptop screen. :)