The adventures of Link

Boogeyman

5 Year Member
I just wanted to give an update on my sully...

After a night at the vet and a procedure, Archimedes came home the other night. The vet diagnosed him with a bladder stone. It was stuck not too far into his cloaca, so they were able to sedate him, break up the stone, and extract the pieces without doing anything super invasive. They did need to trim the edge of his carapace to get better access, so I ended up with a little souvenir.

He’s slowly returning to normal behavior and finally ate something today after having no interest in food the day after he came home. They gave me an ointment to apply daily to where they cut his shell, so the home care isn’t too bad. I’m cautiously optimistic that everything is going to be okay, but he gave me a hell of a scare (and a huge vet bill).

I hope Link never has such an issue. It could have been fatal if I hadn’t been paying attention and got him to a vet ASAP.
I'm so glad Archimedes is out of danger... thanks for the update.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I just wanted to give an update on my sully...

After a night at the vet and a procedure, Archimedes came home the other night. The vet diagnosed him with a bladder stone. It was stuck not too far into his cloaca, so they were able to sedate him, break up the stone, and extract the pieces without doing anything super invasive. They did need to trim the edge of his carapace to get better access, so I ended up with a little souvenir.

He’s slowly returning to normal behavior and finally ate something today after having no interest in food the day after he came home. They gave me an ointment to apply daily to where they cut his shell, so the home care isn’t too bad. I’m cautiously optimistic that everything is going to be okay, but he gave me a hell of a scare (and a huge vet bill).

I hope Link never has such an issue. It could have been fatal if I hadn’t been paying attention and got him to a vet ASAP.
Great news!

DavidB

New Hampshire, USA
Looking good! I see a happy and healthy boy there.

Got a few more months to go until we get weather like that up here. The last few days have had sub-zero wind chill!

Boogeyman

5 Year Member
Looking good! I see a happy and healthy boy there.

Got a few more months to go until we get weather like that up here. The last few days have had sub-zero wind chill!
I hear you, over here in Texas the weather has been unpredictable...

DavidB

New Hampshire, USA
Looking happy and healthy as always!

I heard about the snow that reeked havoc in Texas. We get stuff like that every few days lately here in New Hampshire. Did you get by okay? Any power outages or frozen pipes?

Boogeyman

5 Year Member
Looking happy and healthy as always!

I heard about the snow that reeked havoc in Texas. We get stuff like that every few days lately here in New Hampshire. Did you get by okay? Any power outages or frozen pipes?
Hi David, yea we were out of electricity for 3 days..unfortunately Texas power grid is not used to winter storms and they never bothered to upgrade their equipment incase this sort of situation were to happen. But I'm just glad that's behind us now. Thanks for asking.

DavidB

New Hampshire, USA
Hi David, yea we were out of electricity for 3 days..unfortunately Texas power grid is not used to winter storms and they never bothered to upgrade their equipment incase this sort of situation were to happen. But I'm just glad that's behind us now. Thanks for asking.
Oh geez! How did you keep Link warm? That’s my biggest fear/concern about losing power during the winter.