The 5th Annual Tortoise Calendar Photo Contest is HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
tortadise said:
I have been sorting and sorting. I dont have an editor program on my computer how do I get to the required 5 megapixel size?

When you put it into your computer from the camera, don't make it smaller. Just save it as is. If your computer picture program automatically re-sizes your pictures, then I don't know what to tell you. DON'T use photobucket for this contest because photobucket automatically re-sizes the pictures to smaller (less pixels) pictures.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Photo submitted...please acknowldege.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Dean - we got your photo

turtletrucker

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA
Glad I logged in today! I have some great pictures of my guys and gals... now to choose just one.... hmmm... I wish I had left myself more than a few days to decide! lol.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
tortadise said:
I have been sorting and sorting. I dont have an editor program on my computer how do I get to the required 5 megapixel size?

When you put it into your computer from the camera, don't make it smaller. Just save it as is. If your computer picture program automatically re-sizes your pictures, then I don't know what to tell you. DON'T use photobucket for this contest because photobucket automatically re-sizes the pictures to smaller (less pixels) pictures.

Ummmm........photo bucket seems to work fine during my regular posts.....but it's as No go for the calender? .......Ut oh.. it's the only thing I'm familiar with DL pics .... how else would I send it ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you put your pictures into a picture program that is loaded on your computer BEFORE you put them into photobucket? You just write up your email to the photo contest address, then click on "attach" and look for the picture in your computer and attach it to the email.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Do you put your pictures into a picture program that is loaded on your computer BEFORE you put them into photobucket? You just write up your email to the photo contest address, then click on "attach" and look for the picture in your computer and attach it to the email.

Ahhh Gotcha! ..... I think I get it ....:rolleyes:
Thank you ..... Yvonne' :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Laurie said:
Only one submission allowed, ugh this will be hard for me to choose :(. Any rules for or against an informal poll in the photo section. In other words , can I post a few different ones and ask for a vote before I pick the one to submit?

Laurie...go with your gut! I did a poll last year...and then went with an entirely different photo. As it turned out, I finished second to Greg!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
DeanS said:
Laurie...go with your gut! I did a poll last year...and then went with an entirely different photo. As it turned out, I finished second to Greg!

That gives me hope! :)

srkarpen

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
I still don't understand the whole no noobs thing. Kind of a bummer deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.