The 5th Annual Tortoise Calendar Photo Contest is HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
85,210
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
tortadise said:
I have been sorting and sorting. I dont have an editor program on my computer how do I get to the required 5 megapixel size?
When you put it into your computer from the camera, don't make it smaller. Just save it as is. If your computer picture program automatically re-sizes your pictures, then I don't know what to tell you. DON'T use photobucket for this contest because photobucket automatically re-sizes the pictures to smaller (less pixels) pictures.
 

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
4,404
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Photo submitted...please acknowldege.
 

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
4,035
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Dean - we got your photo
 

turtletrucker

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
55
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana, USA
Glad I logged in today! I have some great pictures of my guys and gals... now to choose just one.... hmmm... I wish I had left myself more than a few days to decide! lol.
 

N2TORTS

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
8,803
emysemys said:
tortadise said:
I have been sorting and sorting. I dont have an editor program on my computer how do I get to the required 5 megapixel size?
When you put it into your computer from the camera, don't make it smaller. Just save it as is. If your computer picture program automatically re-sizes your pictures, then I don't know what to tell you. DON'T use photobucket for this contest because photobucket automatically re-sizes the pictures to smaller (less pixels) pictures.
Ummmm........photo bucket seems to work fine during my regular posts.....but it's as No go for the calender? .......Ut oh.. it's the only thing I'm familiar with DL pics .... how else would I send it ?
 

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
85,210
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Do you put your pictures into a picture program that is loaded on your computer BEFORE you put them into photobucket? You just write up your email to the photo contest address, then click on "attach" and look for the picture in your computer and attach it to the email.
 

N2TORTS

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
8,803
emysemys said:
Do you put your pictures into a picture program that is loaded on your computer BEFORE you put them into photobucket? You just write up your email to the photo contest address, then click on "attach" and look for the picture in your computer and attach it to the email.
Ahhh Gotcha! ..... I think I get it ....:rolleyes:
Thank you ..... Yvonne' :)
 

mctlong

Well-Known Member
Moderator
5 Year Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
2,658
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I don't know which picture to choose and only have one day left!!!
 

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
4,404
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Laurie said:
Only one submission allowed, ugh this will be hard for me to choose :(. Any rules for or against an informal poll in the photo section. In other words , can I post a few different ones and ask for a vote before I pick the one to submit?
Laurie...go with your gut! I did a poll last year...and then went with an entirely different photo. As it turned out, I finished second to Greg!
 

TortoiseBoy1999

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
2,369
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
DeanS said:
Laurie...go with your gut! I did a poll last year...and then went with an entirely different photo. As it turned out, I finished second to Greg!
That gives me hope! :)
 

srkarpen

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
76
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
I still don't understand the whole no noobs thing. Kind of a bummer deal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Posts

Top