Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
Thank you everyone for all of your help in my search to adopt a Russian tortoise! I appreciate it so much! This forum is amazing and such a great resource!

Meet Randy! ImageUploadedByTortForum1374191854.044593.jpg

I am traveling to pick him up tomorrow! So excited I can't wait! He seems perfect for my first tortoise and was found locally which proved to be VERY difficult here in vermont. I will post pictures as soon as he's in his new home!!!

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Aww, congratulations! Randy looks like such a nice little tort ;). Have fun with your new family member!!

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Congratulations! I'm sure Randy will be a joy with which to share many great adventures.

So, make like a boy scout and "Be Prepared"; he will amaze and fascinate you. As you earn his trust he will become more fearless and adventuresome.

Have tall walls and deep substrate and he'll be safe and feel secure.

Good luck.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
Enclosure if finished!! Randy seems very happy, finally eating and has found his favorite corner to sleep ImageUploadedByTortForum1374551148.685658.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374551156.985704.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374551172.985386.jpg

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Nice! I like your lighting set up. He's cute.
One step at a time, of course, but will Randy get some time outside this summer?

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I'm not sure about this summer I have brought him out while being supervised, but I'm hoping to build the out door exposure before fall so he can be out next summer. I have some construction going on at the moment and he will need something completely secure because of neighborhood kitties.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Looks nice. You're off to a good start.

Great choice on the water bowl. Good job on having cuttlebone for calcium.

What type light is under the dome?

Do you have a temperature gun yet? You need to achieve a basking spot of around 95 to 100 degrees. A cool side near 75 degrees. And a night temperature of 60 to 75 degrees.

Good luck.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
I have his heat lamp under the bulb and thermometers that also show humidity in position on the basking side as well as the cooler side

ImageUploadedByTortForum1374596985.549957.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374596997.937847.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.