Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmat

5 Year Member
I just wanted to thank the people on this forum- you have probably saved the life of our beloved tortoise. We came home to find our 18 year old female desert tortoise on her back, not moving, and terribly dehydrated. I googled the topic and found this forum's[/size][/font] suggestion to give her a warm water soak. After giving her repeated soakings to keep the water warm, she is now walking around in the warm laundry room and even nibbling some romaine lettuce. We have had her since a hatchling and would be devastated if we lost her.
We live in Tucson and have box turtles as well as our two big tortoises. Thanks again for posting good information.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You're very welcome, kmat. I hope you stick around and join in our conversations. There are many members who have desert tortoises and box turtles and quite a few who live in Arizona.

kmat

5 Year Member
lushcious said:
I'm glad this forum saved her life! How did she get on her back?

I think the other female, who is larger and a bit aggressive during the mating season, may have flipped her over. She may also have had trouble negotiating the rip-rap that she regularly climbs to a favorite spot. (She wouldn't tell me.) Now that we're home, we can check on them twice a day. But, as with all living things, there are no guarantees. Thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.