Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

totallytort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ND
Hello Everyone,

I've been using this forum for information for awhile now, but have never posted. I currently share my house with 1 Ornate box turtle "Betty" and 2 female Russians "Svetla" and "Pogo".
"Betty" was a relinquish/rescue from a vet clinic in Denver where I interned while obtaining my vet tech license 5 years ago. She had Vit A deficiency, severy pyramiding and MBD. I have since moved back to my home state of ND (aka the frozen tundra). About a year ago I got my first female russian tortoise "Svetla" and then 6 months later "Pogo". All 3 live together in a tortoise table in the winter and a kiddie pool that is planted with "weeds" for them outside in the summer.
I just want to say "THANKS!" for everyone's questions and answers on this forum! It is so helpful! I attached a pic of my "clan". I have since gotten rid of the hay in the pic and replaced it with a 50/50 mix of sand/EcoEarth.

Attachments

• the clan.jpg
    the clan.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 32

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Very nice, Erika:

It looks like poor Betty was rescued just in time. She's in a better place now. It would be even better for her if she had her own habitat. The Russians (agrionemys horsfieldii) require a much different type of habitat than the box turtle (Terrapene carolina ornata) does.

Status
Not open for further replies.