Thank you everyone

Gennifer11

I can't tell you all how happy I am that I found this forum. When I bought my baby tort, I thought I was fully prepared and his enclosure was good to go. I got all my information from the internet. That was the worst mistake I could have made. My little guy had a respiratory infection that lasted months. I had to learn along the way. I changed from an open enclosure to closed, Timothy hay to coco fiber, no measured humidity to 80%, no name lights to zoomed lights, lettuce to grass, etc. Yes, this learning experience has cost me a fortune but in the short few months I've learned from your expertise, Leo is remarkably different with a smooth growing shell. Just wanted to let you know that you guys actually help make a difference out there for torts so thank you for sharing your knowledge!
Not to mention if I ever see anyone online with torts, I point them to this forum. It hurts when I see facebook pages with owners who flaunt their unhealthy torts.

Happy torting!

1425310240365.jpg 1425310254622.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's shocking to find out how little I knew after raising Red Foots for over eight years with no help.
Here, everyone can add their stories, findings and observations and it turns into a huge database.
It really is the most helpful and least judgmental site that I belong to.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Your tort is looking pretty good, and prob. very happy/
Sorry to be so judgemental. :)