Thank you and hello from Maryland

Jacob Duckett

Location (City and/or State)
Millersville
Hello all,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum! I am Jacob, the new father of a baby sulcata tortoise. My wife, daughter and I picked her up from a breeder at a show. We named her sunny. I am looking forward to learning and conversing with you all. Pictures to come!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pictures of your tortoise and enclosure :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacob and welcome!

Please be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of our Sulcata section. There's lots of new information about raising sulcata tortoises posted there.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello all,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum! I am Jacob, the new father of a baby sulcata tortoise. My wife, daughter and I picked her up from a breeder at a show. We named her sunny. I am looking forward to learning and conversing with you all. Pictures to come!
Welcome to the forum! Baby sullys are the cutest thing ever, and they are really sociable as well. You will love watching her grow!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Welcome to TFO! I'm sure it's going to be a blast raising your baby sully :D

Jacob Duckett

Millersville
Hey Ya'll thanks for all the links. Smashed my phone at work friday. Got a new one saturday night but Sunny was already sleeping. Here she is running around the coffee table

Attachments

• 15794589953383450507888645215819.jpg
    15794589953383450507888645215819.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good to see another Marylander on here with a Sully. Let me know if you have any questions! Ours is probably pushing 80 pounds now. I can’t wait to get her back outside again in Spring!

Jacob Duckett

Millersville
Good to see another Marylander on here with a Sully. Let me know if you have any questions! Ours is probably pushing 80 pounds now. I can’t wait to get her back outside again in Spring!
Oh wow thats a bog tort whats its name? what are you using for indoor housing in the winter? Whats your outdoor set up like? how old was your tort when it started doing summers outside? Thanks for answering my questions.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to you and beautiful little Sunny
There's a good caresheet for sullies which will tell you about diet, temps substrate and humidity etc to help you start off properly.
There's also lots of great up to date advice which will help you keep him/her happy and healthy.
(Be careful on high surfaces s/he's faster than you think and could be over the edge in seconds.)