TFO's Fourth Anniversary: West Coast Get-Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Josh said:
September 3 or 4, near Anaheim, before/after/during the show?

Mile Square Park looks like it will work. Anyone else care to weigh in on day/location/time?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh said:
Josh said:
September 3 or 4, near Anaheim, before/after/during the show?

Mile Square Park looks like it will work. Anyone else care to weigh in on day/location/time?

Hi Everyone. Got my computer on line two days ago and just found this post. I feel like a newbe. Been gone for some time. Doin lots of stuff. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones.

Mile Square Park sounds good to me. If we are going to do a pot luck we might want to do it early rather than later, wouldn't want food to spoil. (What about 10-1 that gives people time for potluck and the show.) If we do Sept. 3rd I'll bring the Birthday cake.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
If you are willing to house us I am sure you would get some visitors Tyler :). England is not on my bucket list but I would like to go for a visit. I did spend a couple hours at the airport there :(. I am up for an out of the U.S. meeting maybe a cruise :) :)

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
Mile square park?! yay that's so close to me :) I'm definitely coming, but can everyone please remember my screen name so i don't show up and no one knows me? haha i know i dont post THAT often. Can't wait!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
wilt said:
Sounds like fun. Hope i can make it.

Hi Wilt:

Won't you please take a few moments to start a new thread in the "Introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Maybe we should all wear name tags with our screen names. Except those of us that use out real names. I hate to wear name tags, but like other people to LOL :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Even I'd do Mile Square...provided we play softball! Prentiss Park could be another option! Santa Banana Zoo is right there, as well!

jillmegan

5 Year Member
We live in beautiful San Diego 92104 :cool:

Josh said:
Our fourth anniversary is right around the corner and that means it's time for our 4th Annual TFO Picnic!! Last year we met up in a nice park in San Dimas and had a potluck/BBQ lunch. It was great to get out and meet fellow TFO members (even a couple torts, too)!
This year I'd also like to do something to celebrate our great community. I'm thinking a weekend in September is going to be best - this will give plenty of time for everyone to make plans. As far as location, I am open to input. Let's limit things to Southern California (other TFO meetups to come soon - if you're interested PM me!). We can do the same type of event - BBQ/potluck - or we can do something entirely different. I'm open to suggestions and excited to hear what you all think we should do.

Arizona Get Together
Mid-West (IL) Get Together

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
After that you all have to come to the east side (like Florida)!!!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
10am Sept 3rd at Mile Square Park?
Look for a banner with the old Tortoise Forum logo!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Oh my that is this weekend. And it is Labor day week end too which means baseball tourny and traffic. I don't mind missing the tourny, but my 12 year old wont be able to go :( .
So should we start a list of what we are bringing? How late does it go? 10am is early when you are starting from Ramona.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't care what ya'll bring, but you BETTER, under pain of mortal sin, take lots of pictures for the forum!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So who is going? What are you bringing? Any carpools?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
emysemys said:
I don't care what ya'll bring, but you BETTER, under pain of mortal sin, take lots of pictures for the forum!
spammer ban?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
.....but you'd better...under pain of spammer ban...take lots of pictures!!!

(Thank you David!)

kameya

10 Year Member!
Orange County, California
So it there a date and time set for the Sol Cal TFO meet in Mile Square park this coming weekend...I can bring my kids and turtles to meet with all of you...thanks... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.