TFO's Fourth Anniversary: Texas and Neighbors Get-Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I am looking forward to it, I hope we can get a lot of members to attend...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I would like to as long as I'm not working.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
OK, how about the 3rd weekend of October?...is Saturday or Sunday best for everybody?

Let me hear from y'all, 'cause I want to get this organized to suit the most of us, and if we get it figured out in advance we can plan for it! :tort:

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
What the hell is pinocle? sounds dirty and don't know if I want to get that familiar with Mr. Hall...hahahaha, just kidding. Hope this works out, so is it going to be an afternoon get together ...talking and such or are we planning a picnic type event?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
exoticsdr said:
What the hell is pinocle? sounds dirty and don't know if I want to get that familiar with Mr. Hall...hahahaha, just kidding. Hope this works out, so is it going to be an afternoon get together ...talking and such or are we planning a picnic type event?

Picnic or potluck...and plenty of tortoise-related socializing, of course.

I suppose if anyone had specimens/gear for sale, that'd be fine, as well...

Thoughts?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Coming from Georgetown for the weekend sounds great to me. I have friends who live in the Arlington area... Don't know if I will bring my three with me..but would love to see what the rest of the local folk have.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hopefully we will get a lot more members saying they will attend...

mking

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! My name is Mary King and I live in Keller Texas. I would love to attend. I just looked at my calendar and October 22nd is wide open. Hurray! It will be my first time attending. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Mary King

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
mking said:
Hello everyone! My name is Mary King and I live in Keller Texas. I would love to attend. I just looked at my calendar and October 22nd is wide open. Hurray! It will be my first time attending. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Mary King

Hopefully we will get a decent turn out, would be nice to meet a few people that share the same love for tortoises and turtles...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
mking said:

Mary King

Hopefully we will get a decent turn out, would be nice to meet a few people that share the same love for tortoises and turtles...

Hopefully...everyone who thinks they'll attend (and might bring others w/ them), let us hear from you, so we can plan better.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
Any updates Terry????

Not good ones...will have to miss it, as my Uncle had a stroke a few days ago and we're bringing him to our house to (hopefully) recuperate...at the moment his entire right side is affected, but we're hoping he'll eventually regain some movement and strength. Fortunately, he's a tough ol' bird.

Truly sorry that this came the weekend of the get-together...do y'all want to cancel and try again in the spring or go ahead out at VETERANS PARK in Arlington, just off of Arkansas Lane?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to hear about your uncle, hopefully he regains some of his strength and movement. Guess we shoud see who was going to even show up. Didnt look like we had to many members saying that they planned to attend..

Tygrissy

5 Year Member
I know this is an older post...but wanted to know if this came together? If so i hope everyone had a great time!!
Arlington is right around corner from us:)

Status
Not open for further replies.