10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
What time are you gonna be there Jeff?

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
I am all out of green face paint at the moment:) We will be getting there about noon. If anyone wants to call or text my number is 623.451.7398.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I was thinking about getting there between 11:00-12:00. I just try to avoid the line at opening.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm not going to be available after Sunday till after 4. Too much church stuff going on tomorrow. Unless you guys want to make it a dinner type thing, my wife and daughter could make it too.

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
Hi everybody -

For those of you who did not meet up at the convention today, or even if you did, instead of Pioneer Park at 2 would you like to come to my house for a bring-something-to-throw-on-the-grill potluck at 4:30 or 5:00? You could bring your families and your torts, too. Last minute I know, but we don't seem to have much luck planning ahead, in spite of Neal's greatly appreciated efforts on our behalf!

I live just a couple miles from the Mesa convention center, near Alma School and Guadalupe. The house and yard are still in good shape since my daughter's wedding, with bermuda grass and mostly tort friendly plants and a fenced in pool.

The address is 2643 S. Stewart in Mesa. Let me know if you like this idea -

Paula Liken (and Lightning, the young Sulcata)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yes it was supposed to be yesterday or today. I sent everyone a PM awhile back and only heard from one person. I'm up for meeting today if after 4 works for anyone else.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
I just came back from a week trip so count me out.

Wish more people were interested in meeting their internet friends.

helenab

5 Year Member
well I am taking the dogs for a walk at Cadalina state park and see if and where everyone is going when I get home. Talk soon......

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Neal said:
Yes it was supposed to be yesterday or today. I sent everyone a PM awhile back and only heard from one person. I'm up for meeting today if after 4 works for anyone else.

I can't come today (november 20th), I am at work all day. Sorry. :(

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
Did anyone go to Pioneer Park? So many people had to work! So far only Neal and Helena have said they are up for coming to my house. The tortoise open house and/or BBQ starts at 4:30 and goes til 7:30, so drop on by.

Again, the address is 2643 S. Stewart in SW Mesa - a half-mile from Chandler, Tempe and Gilbert. There is easy access from the 60 or the 101. If you are looking at a map, we are at the eastern tip of the Dobson Ranch golf course, between Dobson and Alma School, and between Baseline and Guadalupe. From Alma School, turn west on Meseto and left on Stewart. From Guadalupe, turn north on Longmore across from Dobson High, then right on Milagro which turns into Stewart as it goes around the bend. From Dobson, take Keating east to Longmore, left on Longmore & right on Milagro. If you are coming on Baseline, turn south on Alma School and follow those directions.

Our house has a giant white-bark eucalyptus tree in front and is next to the only two story house on the block. If you are totally lost, give me a call at 602-628-6850. Hope to meet you-all in person!

Paula

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
Well, that didn't work! Shall we try again tomorrow? Kidding!

Did anyone get together with anyone anywhere? At the convention? At the park?

______

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Paula

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Sorry, it didn't seem like anyone was too interested in meeting up yesterday. I am open for whatever anyone wants to do. It is a lot better meeting people face to face I think...if anyone wants to organize something I would really like to be involved.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
It always seems like such a simple thing to set a time and place, but it always ends up so hard! I am in the busiest time of year at work now, but could probably find an hour or two on a Saturday if it is still possible to get together. For me, a short and simple thing would work best. If it gets too complicated I think it is harder for some people to find the time. A bar-b-que type thing would be great, but food isn't really necessary to me if that makes people hesitant to committ.

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
Maybe after the holidays?

Nobody needs to feel too bad about not getting together this weekend - I checked the other anniversary threads and no-one else has been successful this year.

I'm willing to try again...

There seems to be a group of members on the west side, another group here in Mesa/Tempe/Chandler/Gilbert, and a group down in Tucson. Maybe we need to start smaller?

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.