Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
josh said:
thanks for stealing my thread, ladies! ;)
sounds like somewhere northwest of where i am would be centrally located... what do you guys think?

If you would all drive up to Fresno, I'd treat you to lunch and a tour of the "facilities." LOL!! (And I'd see if my sis could drive her Camaro IROC down for us to drool over)

Yvonne

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i dont know if my vehicle is large enough to cart us all, but i'd love to take advantage of that offer someday soon :)

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
ya, that's like backstage passes to the zoo! yvonne is great.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne, I would love to come up and visit and see your animals and actually meet you in person. I am afraid an upcomming vacation will prevent it this year, but perhaps next summer I could take you up on your invite if it still stands. When all your critters are awake.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Crazy1 said:
Yvonne, I would love to come up and visit and see your animals and actually meet you in person. I am afraid an upcomming vacation will prevent it this year, but perhaps next summer I could take you up on your invite if it still stands. When all your critters are awake.

I always like to give "the tour." Next year would be better as right now I have three projects going at the same time and the place is a mess! I'm building wooden sheds for the Manouria and Sulcata and I'm adding top soil and horse manure to a section of the Leopard pen so I can enlarge the Manouria pen into it and plant more rain forest. I try to do a little bit on each project every day. I'm about ready to look in the Classified to see if I can find a reputable handy-man to finish the sheds!

Yvonne

(The invitation is open to anyone on the forum who finds themselves in Central California. Just call me first to be sure I'm going to be home: 559 298-7114)

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, sorry Josh, but it's a deep purpod camaro!! sigh ~

Anyways, I can do a bit of traveling, so just lemme know where to go and I should be there with no prob ~

Purpod

P.S. Yvonne, your sister sounds great, lol; as long as she is only Queen of the road, for I am Queen of everything else! rotf, at least, my kids think I am, lol!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
josh said:
thanks for stealing my thread, ladies! ;)
sounds like somewhere northwest of where i am would be centrally located... what do you guys think?

Josh sorry but when it comes to Purple, Red or Cameros(fast cars) I just sort of lose my head :D

Ok this is my suggestion:
Pasadena would be about
44 miles from Huntington Beach
46 miles from Thousand Oaks
36 miles from Santa Clarita
36 miles from Brea
52 miles from Highland
Or Monrovia, or Sierra Madre Even Glendale all these places are pretty much half way between most of us give or take a couple of miles. Anybody else got Ideas?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Pasadena would work for me, Robyn. How about everyone else?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Michael, since you live in Pasadena do you have a suggestion were we could meet, if we all agree to meet there?
I dont mind driveing to Pasadena its been some years since I was there would be nice to see what's changed.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
How about WORK DAY at a members place top help build pens or do spring cleaning....?
I vote for Yvonne's! but I'm still 4 hours from her....

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
Crazy1 said:
Michael, since you live in Pasadena do you have a suggestion were we could meet, if we all agree to meet there?
I dont mind driveing to Pasadena its been some years since I was there would be nice to see what's changed.

I can certainly offer suggestions. What sort of a meeting place did everyone have in mind? A restaurant? Bar? Park?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
a nice locally-owned family restaurant would probably be best. if cory's really going to bring his galap down, maybe a park would be better...? its really up to you guys. for me its more about the company than the venue.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Pasadena works for me, and heck yeah, we need to plan a trip to visit with Yvonne once we have the news of her completed projects!!

Just give us directions and Pasadena it is for me ~ {Just not on a Sunday morning, for this purpod peep will be in church}

Cya Then ~
Purpod

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
james, its less than a foot, i think. i've only seen like 2 photos.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
she is about 20 inches. i dont have to bring her, especially if we are going to meet at a restaurant. let me know though so i can plan for it. do we have a date set yet?

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
There are many places we could meet, including restaurants and parks. We'll just need to figure out what time of day to meet and what the requirements are for our group. Do we want to eat? How many of us will there be? Do we have anything specific to discuss, or are we just gonna hang out (meet and greet)?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I think this is (correct me if I am wrong) a meet and greet. If we meet on the weekend I will be there. Other than Oct 18-28 thats vacation time.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
meet and greet is right...
there will probably be <10 of us... maybe a pizza parlor or something similar would suit us best?
i think we can probably narrow everything down to weekends, so please post which weekends you are NOT available

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i work at a pizza place in granada hills, right off the 118 at balboa. zip code 91344. theres room for 10 of us to talk and eat, but there isnt a place to have Littlefoot. or maybe i just shouldnt bring her. i dont want to keep her in a box. when she gets really scared, she just poops all day, and thats really not good for her at all.

another idea... i can get pizza, and we can meet at a park. so she can wander around and we can eat pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.