TFO SoCal Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Okay everyone, since we all missed each other at the Anaheim show this weekend, I want to set up a meeting for anyone who's willing to come out.
I haven't decided where or when but I'm sure we can find some neutral place to hang out and maybe even somewhere that will allow torts (like a dandelion field)!
Anyway, let's start planning by posting which city you live in that way we can choose a central location.
Again, anyone and everyone is invited. This will probably happen sometime in October.
I live in Brea. You?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh, I would love to come out. But bringing torts for me is not an option.
1 ) I have too many
2 ) Can't mix mine with yours
3 ) won't risk chance of Chemicals.
But I would love to come. I am in Highland were the 30 goes up the mountain to Big Bear. So not too far from you. Its a resonable driving distance.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
point taken about bringing torts...maybe just cory can bring his galop ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey guys depending on how it works out...and if a semi truck can get there...we have been going to the LA zone atleast twice a month, so maybe we could join in too. Of course, now that I have said that, we will stop being sent that way. :D

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
jacqui, that would be great! keep us posted on when and where you'll be.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Josh we rarely know more then three days at the most where we are headed next. We deliver a load and then they tell us where we are going for our next pickup and delivery. It'll be more you guys setting a date and a time and then if fate doesn't play one of it's usual jokes on me, I might get to be in the area.

It's like Yvonne invited us to her place, which I am really really wanting to meet her, her torts, and see her plants. Just before she invited us, we were less then 50 miles away, now we have the invite, we can't get closer then 100 miles...lol.

I keep telling my husband, Jeff, that the dispatchers have our truck bugged. Once I add a new place to my list of places to stop, they send us around those areas. :( Then again, we did manage to sneak into Dee's. :D

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Peeps; I'm open to a meet-up, and perhaps lunch or some yummy snoffee ~ Location is Thousand Oaks in Ventura County; but it's not far from the San Fernando Valley & I'm willing to do a bit of driving ;)

Purpod

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
any others? i know cory is out in santa clarita by purpod...

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
hey i definitly want to meet up with mike conner. i am taking a class with robert espinoza at csun.

and yea ill bring my galp

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
what's up with everyone living so north of me??? any san diego tort slaves here? :cool:

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Awh, James whats a little drive up here from SD? I go down there quite a bit. :D

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
Crazy1 said:
Awh, James whats a little drive up here from SD? I go down there quite a bit. :D

then bring the rest of the group!! :)

the drive wouldn't be so bad. my girlfriend just bought a suzuki compact car, talk about gas mileage!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I'd be glad to drive them all down but I am afraid my Camero would only sit 2 comfortably, and yes it is a V8 that loves GAS $$, but what the heck you only live once and I always wanted a deep purple convertible Camero. :p
My friend got a Suzuki about a year ago and he loves the mileage he is getting.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, soo sorry, James ~ but yeah, take a cruise up in that little gas saver!

And Robyn, did you say "deep purpod Camero"?? :cool: Oh man, wouldn't that be sweeet ~ sigh... someday, I will have a deep rich purpod Jeeper... one that can play in the sand at the deserts or romp thru the woodlands! Ohh Yeah!

Happy thoughts to all,
Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yep Purpod a deep purpod 91 Camero convert with a peanutbutter top and tan interior.
The correct color is Hawaian Orchid but man its a rich purp to me. (I'm one of those Red Hat Ladies with the Purp clothes) I must say I look good in my Red hat, Purp clothes and my Purp car Plus its F A S T. :p
Sorry didnt' mean to steal your thread but I kinda got carried away. :D

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Robyn, we have got to get together so I can see this beauty ~ and drool!! :p LOL ~ Sigh ~

And you know, I was not kidding when I noted that I would be the woman with the purpod hairs at the Rep show; such is my love for the richness of dark purpod!

Have a great eve,
Purpod

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Crazy1 said:
Yep Purpod a deep purpod 91 Camero convert with a peanutbutter top and tan interior.

My sister is 60 years old and drives a dark purplish/pink IROC with black interior. When she's on the road everyone else better look out...she's queen of the road. I always told her she should have been born a race car driver. NASCAR racing is her favorite sport, and we all know not to call her on the day the race is televised.

Yvonne

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
thanks for stealing my thread, ladies! ;)
sounds like somewhere northwest of where i am would be centrally located... what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.