TFO Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Alright folks, it's the moment you've all been anxiously waiting for. Secretly, you've always wanted to be a part of an esteemed group of geniuses with secret hand shakes and elegant robes that meet together and have deep intellectual discussions and enjoy decadent treats. Well here's your chance!!

Improve you social status among your peers and join the TFO book club!

As a member, you'll be able to read books and talk about them with other people and stuff...actually I have no idea what you do in a book club, I've just been meaning to read a new book for awhile and the topic was mentioned on another thread. Can someone help me out?

Anyone interested?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
well i like James Patterson. Womans Murder club series and Alex Cross. Those will keep you busy for a while! and then my sister got me onto Nevada Barr. She has a character named Anna Pigeon. A ranger who works in the National parks. she see a lot of trouble.. and its written so well, that if you ever go to the park in question.. you can 'see' where it all took place. You get park historty as well.. reall places..
But if you want to do a book club.. i think we are supposed to pick a book,, we all read it and then discuss it here.. Terry mentioned a series she was reading... I was going to ask her about it...

M

Maggie Cummings

Janet Evanovich writes about Stephanie Plum, she's on her 10th or 11th book now. It's a great series it made me laugh out loud when I was reading it alone in a restaurant. It's funnier than all hell. I could hardly wait for the movie and then they started making a movie of the first book. It was nothing like what I see when I read her stuff. Starred Katherine Hegel and some guys I don't know who they are and Debbie Reynolds as the grandmother and she wasn't funny enough. The guys weren't sexy enough, and Sherri Shepard was a 'ho in it and she wasn't right either. So while I love love love the series, the movie sucked. I can hardly wait for the next book to come out. I think Terry reads it too. So does my sis

That, Neal is what a book club is about and exchanging books and talking about stories and authors. I think it would be fun to have a book club...I'm in!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I thought a book club was we choose a book we read it and then discuss it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maggie, tell me more about this series... what are the books about? mystery? comedy? Romance? what are they called?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The president of the club tells us which book we are going to read. We all read it. We then discuss it. I don't know if I'm up for that, because my taste in books is very selective. For instance, the book series you all were talking about on Terry's thread doesn't interest me at all.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I read a Cosmo in the line at the grocery store. Very educational and nice cover photo.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jackrat said:
I read a Cosmo in the line at the grocery store. Very educational and nice cover photo.

LOL!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
The head honcho picks the first book. Then the others choose a month. So you get 1 month to read it and discuss it then the next person chooses. The whole point of a book club is to read books you would never choose for yourself. Some people get stuck reading the same over and over. My book club includes wine & vodka along with yummy food.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
maggie3fan said:
That, Neal is what a book club is about and exchanging books and talking about stories and authors. I think it would be fun to have a book club...I'm in!

So, no silk robes or secret hand shakes?

I start off with a suggestion. I'm someone that prefers books that were made into movies. Maybe it's just the generation I grew up in, but I'm more of a movie watcher than a book reader. I've always had a deeper appreciation for those types of movies after reading the book. Since this topic was brought about by the thread about The Hunger Games, how about we start off with The Hunger Games?

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
DanaRae60 said:
jackrat said:

Jackrat, thank you for my first LOL of the day!
I've never felt so inadequate.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Maggie, I saw that movie and thought it was really cute. Love Heigl and also thought Sherri Shepard did a good job. So, if the book was better then I am intrigued to read some of the others in the series.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
These books are raunchy...so I don't know if anyone is interested inreading them, but I read all three and I loved them. Now they are making a movie of the first book. I can't imagine how they will do this, but I loved the books. Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed. Might be too sexey .....but a good story.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Terryo reading raunchy books? I am shocked, shocked I say. :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
terryo said:
These books are raunchy...so I don't know if anyone is interested inreading them, but I read all three and I loved them. Now they are making a movie of the first book. I can't imagine how they will do this, but I loved the books. Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed. Might be too sexey .....but a good story.

I just started this book today... Mr Grey.... how weird does he get??

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I would do a book club! I am reading Hunger Games currently. I'm willing to read anything though.. Lol

I also lean towards raunchy books lmao! Anyone ever read any Richard Laymon?

Next, I am thinking of reading the books that Game Of Thrones is based on. I am really loving the series!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Laura said:
terryo said:

I just started this book today... Mr Grey.... how weird does he get??

I don't want to give away any of the story. It is a really deep story line (at least deep enough for me). There is a lot of kinky sex, but ......In the first book I thought...what is wrong with this girl. I would have run so fast and never looked back. In the second book I completely fell in love with him. In the third we find out everything we want to know about Christian. They even have a face book for people who can't get enough of him. My friend said she couldn't get these books here in NY anywhere. I had to lend her my Kindle Fire. There is a lot to talk about with this book. He is the way he is because of his childhood. My friends and I can't stop talking about it, and we each have different opinions, but we all agree.....we would leave home for him.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I just read Lone Wolf by Jodi Piccoult. It was very good. I like to do the book club thing. Sounds fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.