TFO Book Club ?

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
I've been on a glass bottom boat in cozmel! Funny think was, there was a pregnant woman on the boat too and it made her nauseous so she threw up over the side. But, it was glass... so we got to see a lot of fish come up! ????
U were drunk! That was joes bar and grill in the mens room urinal

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
I started reading Dr seuss’s green eggs and ham last week.. i have 2 pages to go... pretty good book so far
My favorite Dr. Seuss is Fox in Socks
Here is one of my favorite parts:
"Let's have a little talk about tweetle beetles
What do you know about tweetle beetles? Well...
When tweetle beetles fight
It's called a tweetle beetle battle
And when they battle in a puddle
It's a tweetle beetle puddle battle
AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle
They call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle"
?
Love it!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
What are they about? ? spy stuffs?
Yes, mostly. Scot is a covert agent who works for the President to get things done that nobody else needs to know about. The books are up to date with current events worldwide, and sometimes a bit prophetic with subject matter. They are action packed and exciting.

Brad Thor lives in TN, and is frequently interviewed on Fox News...he's very conservative.

If you ever read Tom Clancy books, you would like Brad Thor's writing. Brad's are a little easier to read...not quite such in depth detail.

My problem is that all my reading time is spent here on TFO!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
He might not want to say it himself, but I recommend our very own @jsheffield's books. They can be found on amazon. I've read the first 2 in his series that follows a freelance "detective/investigator".

Thanks for the shoutout!

I didn't want to bring my work into a place I play, but since you mentioned it...

amazon.com/Jamie-Sheffield/e/B00AVJVYHS

If anyone is interested in reading any of my books, but is low on funds due to Covid (or whatever) reach out via PM and I can arrange a 99-cent or free day forTFO members.

Jamie

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My favorite Dr. Seuss is Fox in Socks
Here is one of my favorite parts:
"Let's have a little talk about tweetle beetles
What do you know about tweetle beetles? Well...
When tweetle beetles fight
It's called a tweetle beetle battle
And when they battle in a puddle
It's a tweetle beetle puddle battle
AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle
They call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle"
?
Love it!
Don't you love it when we quote the classics? ?

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Thanks for the shoutout!

I didn't want to bring my work into a place I play, but since you mentioned it...

If anyone is interested in reading any of my books, but is low on funds due to Covid (or whatever) reach out via PM and I can arrange a 99-cent or free day forTFO members.

Jamie
You are a writer! That is so cool. I am definitely checking out some of your books!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Thanks for the shoutout!

Jamie

Ok so now I have to know, do any of your characters have bad *** tortoise? ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Not yet, but I'm working on a detective novel featuring a tortoise rescuer who also solves crimes.

Jamie

Yes!! I need that story in my life ?

You should write one were someone has a stalker hiding in the bushes, but their pet aldabra bites them on the butt and they are discovered and arrested ?? jk jk

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes!! I need that story in my life ?

You should write one were someone has a stalker hiding in the bushes, but their pet aldabra bites them on the butt and they are discovered and arrested ?? jk jk
Lol like that idea and I don't recall it being used before.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
In the "Tooting my own horn" category, I'm celebrating the publication of my seventh book in print this morning.

copilot.jpg

In the tradition of chapbooks (something I only recently learned about, and love the idea of), it's a short collection priced inexpensively so that it gets read.

Ten stories about dogs and their people (or vice versa), "Dog is My Co-Pilot" is a literally pocket-sized collection (5.5" X 8.5" and 83 pages) that should please anyone who's a dog-lover.

Here's a collection of great dog memes to share in celebration of my new book about dogs.

My new book, "Dog is My Co-Pilot", is out... taking a look at the relationship between people and their dogs (or vice versa). If you're a lover of dogs, or know one, get a copy of "Dog is my Co-Pilot" for you or them today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DC69JXS/

Again, if you're interested in reading it but cannot afford it at this time, reach out to me via pm, and we can work something out... my books are written to be read.

Jamie