TFO AUCTION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
I mentioned this idea to Josh a week or so ago, and he said it was fine for me to attempt, so here it is:

This is a TFO auction. I am going to start it with something simple, and if all hell doesn't break loose, maybe we'll try it again with something more substantial.

This auction is for 10 pounds of cactus pads, grown right here with me. These are thick pads (1/2" to 1" thick), not the 1/4" crap that local supermarkets sell that turns to mush on day 5. To place a bid, you reply right here with a price you are willing to pay. SHIPPING WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE YOU PAY, so if the winning bid is $20, you get 10 pounds of cactus shipped to your door with no additional shipping cost. Shipping alone on this would be between about $12-20 depending where you live (and the cactus should be worth at least $20). A retail price on this should be in the $40-45 range since it includes shipping, so let's start the bids at $1. The auction will run through Sunday night ending, say 9PM Pacific (midnight Eastern) for shipment on Monday. The winner can pay through PayPal or CC/Debit, doesn't matter to me.

If the winner of the auction backs out, that person would be excluded from any future auctions I do. For a bid to be counted, the bidder needs to have at least 10 posts to their name. I don't want anyone creating a separate account to mess with these results. This offer is available only within the 48 states. Please keep the chit-chat down in this thread unless your post contains a new bid. Just trying to keep it easy to follow.

Photo is from last winter of some of our cactus plants. That's my rabbit wrangler, Bella. She's 130 pounds, so you can see the size of the pads.
Bella_Cactus__97282_zoom.jpg

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
$5.00....what time will the bidding officially end on Monday night?

BTW I really like this idea I hope it works out.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
jeffbens0n said:
$5.00....what time will the bidding officially end on Sunday night ending, say 9PM Pacific (midnight Eastern)?

BTW I really like this idea I hope it works out.

Say Sunday night ending, say 9PM Pacific (midnight Eastern) Pacific time.... So you East coasters are gonna have to stay up real late if you plan to throw in a last minute bid! I probably won't be awake, but the posts are time stamped anyways.

I would like to do something bigger, like a tortoise, or a mercury vapor bulb, but if these don't get some participation and decent $$ numbers, I don't want to end up selling a $200 tortoise for $50, if that makes sense. This is a rough draft auction :)

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I bid $8.00

I feel like I am on that T.V. show Storage Wars...because not only do you know what the highest bid is..you know who is doing the bidding.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
TylerStewart said:
Say midnight Pacific time.... So you East coasters are gonna have to stay up real late if you plan to throw in a last minute bid! I probably won't be awake, but the posts are time stamped anyways.

Your killin me smalls! I cant stay up that late!!! How about 8pm pacific? :D

$9

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Terry Allan Hall said:
Is this to raise $$$ for TFO?

No, it's an auction on cactus. I've recently made other offers to benefit TFO users, but they aren't public yet.

Please keep the chit-chat down in this thread unless your post contains a new bid.

I'll put Terry Allen Hall down for a $10 bid. ;)

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
EDIT: Let's change this to a Sunday night ending, say 9PM Pacific (midnight Eastern).... I'm going to be cutting pads on Sunday, so might as well ship Monday. Can a mod edit this into the original post?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Nope....once you start an auction you can't change the rules. It is part of the ethical auction code. Don't you know that? LOL:)

helenab

5 Year Member
32.00 ummm how long do they last? lol

helenab said:
32.00 ummm how long do they last? lol

I hope mike does not over bid me, he is paying for them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.