TFO 5 Year Anniversary Celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
This August marks 5 years of TFO and every year I try to organize a picnic or BBQ in Southern California to celebrate. Last year was a bit of a flop (mostly my fault) but this year is a good milestone. 5 awesome years of this great community! This is most definitely cause for celebration!
So, with the goal being to attract as many members as possible to our 5 year anniversary party - what, and where, and when shall we do it?!
Some limitations - Southern California (S of Santa Barbara?) and sometime in late August or September. Other than that, I'm pretty open to whatever will encourage the most members to show up and meet each other - take photos - etc.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I actually have an idea that I don't know if anyone else is up for, for those of us that do not live in California we could honor the 5 year Anniversary of TFO and have a get together of our own. I know a few of the members on the forum that live in Colorado that are in an hour radius. We could post pictures of our get together and such and others could do the same.. We would of course honor your date Josh. Just throwing it out there. Sound weird?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Not weird at all! That sounds awesome!

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
How about August 25th? That way it is still in August to honor our month and it's on a Saturday. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never been able to participate because no one lives near me, however, this year, I found quite a few members in Fresno, Visalia and Madera:

msameer
norman2011
trasi
68merc
danadale18
pumpkinpie
wildchild6771
tortoiselover18

That's enough people to make a party, huh? Shall we get together at my house, or do you want to get together at a local park or restaurant? I'll send each on of these folks a PM inviting them to the 5 year reunion here in Fresno. I hope we can make it work this year.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Vishnu2 said:
I actually have an idea that I don't know if anyone else is up for, for those of us that do not live in California we could honor the 5 year Anniversary of TFO and have a get together of our own. I know a few of the members on the forum that live in Colorado that are in an hour radius. We could post pictures of our get together and such and others could do the same.. We would of course honor your date Josh. Just throwing it out there. Sound weird?
That sounds like a great idea :) Who is in from the East Coast ? Any one from Mass in ?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Vishnu2 make your own thread for the party so that way people will know about it.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
coreyc said:
Vishnu2 said:
That sounds like a great idea :) Who is in from the East Coast ? Any one from Mass in ?

Thanks Coreyc! Hopefully, we can get this parrrrtyyyy started!!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Redlands!

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
We are in Colorado and I know the kid would totally like to meet some other tort enthusiasts. Keep us posted.

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Maryland/DC
Anyone live in the DC/MD/VA area? I'd be down to do this. I have a lot to learn from everyone still

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Tyrtle said:
We are in Colorado and I know the kid would totally like to meet some other tort enthusiasts. Keep us posted.

I am 15 min from you... We should arrange something with everyone else. I will post something as Dmmj has suggested.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Wish I could be there! But I like this idea of others meeting up locally who cannot get to South Cali.

Would love to see some pictures of the get together!

Anyone in New Hampshire/ anywhere in New England and wants to get together, by all means. :D

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
Vishnu2 said:
Tyrtle said:

I am 15 min from you... We should arrange something with everyone else. I will post something as Dmmj has suggested.

Sounds great! If it's not too far, we can bring the torts!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Northern calif.. but Yvonne is 4 hours away... and I have friends in Dunlap.. might have to look into that!

Status
Not open for further replies.