TFO 3 Year Anniversary - Southern CA Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, CA
RE: TFO 3 Year Anniversary - Southern CA Party?

Jacqui said:
On the wild outside chance we might be in the CA area on that day, is the park by any chance Semitruck usable?

Finally took a run up to the park (I have the month of July off, from work, so have been staying home & playing with the animals!) also had our daughter & son-in-law take a look on their way up to the San Dimas Cyn Dog Park - we both agree, yes, the road and parking are semi-truck friendly. Of course this is from people who have never hauled anything larger/longer than a boat or horse trailer! Hey! if you can make it we'll send you home with some pomegranates;)! See "food" post.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

OurZoo said:
Jacqui said:
On the wild outside chance we might be in the CA area on that day, is the park by any chance Semitruck usable?

Finally took a run up to the park (I have the month of July off, from work, so have been staying home & playing with the animals!) also had our daughter & son-in-law take a look on their way up to the San Dimas Cyn Dog Park - we both agree, yes, the road and parking are semi-truck friendly. Of course this is from people who have never hauled anything larger/longer than a boat or horse trailer! Hey! if you can make it we'll send you home with some pomegranates;)! See "food" post.

First thanks for looking! We get to CA about weekly when I came back out and we do our team driving. I have been staying home myself these last few weeks, so know about the staying home and playing with animals bit. :cool::D Going back out this next week. :( That pomegranate offer would be great! Thank you for offering even if it doesn't end up working out. That's very sweet of you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

I could go for a BBQ/potluck plant swap sound lsiek fun to, I will start looking for stuff to grow. anyone need help ?

CourtneyLS

5 Year Member

I've never posted on this forum(hi, I'm Courtney!! I recently adopted/rescued a young sulcata), but I'm in southern California. 90712
I know of a few parks.....Heritage Park is very nice. El Dorado Park is huge. Mayfair Park is nice (but gets kinda crowded on the weekends). Heartwell Park is also nice. All of these parks have a ton of trees. Heritage, El Dorado, and Heartwell have duck ponds with quite a lot of turtles.....although El Dorado's has become pretty gross.

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif

92802 - if Bob makes a showing I will drive anywhere. : )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

CourtneyLS said:
I've never posted on this forum(hi, I'm Courtney!! I recently adopted/rescued a young sulcata),

Hi Courtney:

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you can make it to the get-together.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Josh said:
okay so August 15th, 2010 at 2pm at San Dimas Canyon Park. does that work for everyone??

We are still ON for this date, time, and location. Who can confirm that they are coming? It's gonna be a hot one. I'll bring carne asada, tortillas, and drinking water. And maybe some beer.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

I can confirm I am going are we doing potluck? I can bring chicken enchiladas and some soda both regular and diet.

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Glendora, CA

I was worried this weather we're having was gonna' scare people off:cool:! We'll be there (2)! Chips & salsas (a couple different types), tubs of ice with bottled water plus . . . "other" drinks, and I just found a new recipe for chocolate/caramel turtles, I'm thinking a must for this group!
Josh, what do you think about a couple of directional signs, maybe on Foothill Blvd. at San Dimas Cyn Rd. pointing north to the "picnic" area? I'll be back at work on the 2nd, so I'll have access to all the supplies to make posters if needed.

fgately

5 Year Member

I love this thread! We moved to La Verne a year ago, and I drive right past the San Dimas Canyon sign every day. So my zip is 91750. I know someone in San Dimas that has a colony of sulcatas, that is probably not part of this forum. One of his males has got to be 140 pounds. Big guy with a perfect smooth shell.

By the way, La Verne was voted one of the top ten towns in the country to raise a family, in Family Circle Magazine this past month. Love our town! http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/money/10-best-towns-for-families-2010/?page=5

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

In spite of recent occurrences, I'm still gonna try to make an appearance...just to express my respect and gratitude to this great site...and ALL the great people that comprise it.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
depending on my working schedule, army duty, and other things in life, Littlefoot and/or I will try to make it and bring something tasty. We should make a Poll to get a final count.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Darn, it's a little far for me. I live in Florida, lol. But actually on that weekend I'm going to the Star Wars Celebration :D Well I hope that you all have a wonderful time. Make sure to take a lot of pics!

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)
1 Bearded Dragon (Dante)
1 Shih-tzu (Suki)
:D

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
If only I was closer! Have a great get together everyone. Lots of pictures please :D :D

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
my work schedule is already in (work all weekends...) :(
but if I know early enough next year I may be able to swing something.

RV doesn't travel, no matter what her name implies...

have fun!!!

maevamichelle

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Awwwww! So bummed I'm missing this!
I'm out of town from the 12th to the 17th lol
Is anyone going to the Supershow at Pomona this weekend?

LadyGreek

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, California
YAY!!!!! I'm happy I caught this thread in time, so I can try and make it! San Dimas Canyon Park is about an hour to hour 1/2 from me. I live in the greater Los Angeles, so thats not a bad drive at all.....we just might swing by Las Vegas while we are at it. Haha! :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
San Dimas Canyon Park is less than an hour from the LA Zoo...and a little more than an hour and a half from Oceanside...just some quick logistics for you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.