Texas Tortoise-given to me; wish to re-release

Brit G

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Looks like the little tort cannot stay with me. There must be places that can take it; people who DO possess a license to rehabilitate... hopefully I will not get in trouble for the amount of time I have had it!

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/h...-texas-tortoises-gopherous-berlanderii.63815/

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wil...ment/media/TexasTortoise_brochure_english.pdf

Most importantly, the little tort needs a place that can get it eating and relocated safely; I do not have the knowledge for that so, contacting places to take it in.

It'll take 3 years for me to possess my own license, from the looks of it, and there is no real purpose for me to do that because this little tort was the reason I was looking into it, haha. Not only that, but since they are threatened, it needs to be in good hands and hopefully breeding sometime down the line...

Brit G

Texas
Placed into a wonderful rescue in Dallas! After quarantine, the tort will have its own section of land outdoutdoors about 8 foot by 10 foot, according to the sanctuary!

Thanks to all who helped me keep the tort as healthy as possible during this time!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Placed into a wonderful rescue in Dallas! After quarantine, the tort will have its own section of land outdoutdoors about 8 foot by 10 foot, according to the sanctuary!

Thanks to all who helped me keep the tort as healthy as possible during this time!

That sounds great! Thank you so much for making sure he gets put into the right home. He’ll hopefully live a happy life in luxury :)

Brit G

Texas
That sounds great! Thank you so much for making sure he gets put into the right home. He’ll hopefully live a happy life in luxury :)

Every tort deserves a home that can accommodate their husbandry needs!<3

In case anyone cares haha,... Confident this rescue is the best thing for the little tort.Owner spoke to me, let me see the enclosure of the other Texas Torts and their adult tortoises; They were telling me about diseases and husbandry needs and more... Was worried about scammers - lucky it all worked out for the little tort of the lumberyard

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
"He" is very cute and zippy... hard to catch him being still! Have decided to follow my greek god trend and call "him" Eros, since he's seemed to have caught my heart...

(stuck in a pic of my boy Ares with his favorite treat, no sugar added applesauce - no clue why it looks like i gave him so much applesauce in the pic; it was less than a fourth cup,lol)
View attachment 237834 View attachment 237837 View attachment 237835 View attachment 237838

What a beautifully perfect Berlandiers Tortoise:<3:.