Testudo seed mix coming in good.

JanelP

Location (City and/or State)
Idaho
My tray of seed mix is coming in good. I take my kitchen shears and trim the tall individual grasses to put on the weeds for my 6mo old. question is, should I let all the sprouts grow to the actual plants before letting her graze, or should I trim a hand full for her to eat. Or keep what i'm doing? They are grown in thin jute pads. I'm hoping I can transplant them to her indoor closure to let her graze in the winter when I have no access to outside greenery.
IMG_20180528_120242.jpg

Oogway the russian tort

O man good luck with that when ever I try to put live plants especially the testudo seed mix it gets eaten up in less then3days. :confused:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never used it that way, so I don't have answers for you, but I'm glad its all working out for you. I've just taken my second cutting from my outdoor plots and man is it coming in nicely this time!

Briannesmith1

Tucson
I've never used it that way, so I don't have answers for you, but I'm glad its all working out for you. I've just taken my second cutting from my outdoor plots and man is it coming in nicely this time!

is this seed mix good for Russians and Sulcatas? I’m growing some this week and was curious. I know my Russian will definitely love it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
is this seed mix good for Russians and Sulcatas? I’m growing some this week and was curious. I know my Russian will definitely love it.
Yes! Good for any tortoise species. When I feed it to sulcatas, I usually mix in some grass too, but that is not required or anything. I add grass to just about everything fed to a sulcata. :)