Testudo Kleinmanni

Salspi

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
I just finished building an enclosed vivarium for a hatchling T Kleinmanni - I’ve read many many articles and talked to breeders. But, I’ve got questions still and I’m sure other first time keepers would want to know too. Any advice is appreciated:

1) In an enclosed Vivarium for hatchlings, what should the ambient Humidity be kept at? Multiple Humid hides are offered. I’m Looking for ambient RH

2) Whats the optimal ambient temps? What about Hot side, cool side, basking and night?

3) Is a cuttlebone offered at all times enough for the calcium supplementation?

4) I’m Going to use Arcadia HO T5 12% uvb mounted 12 inches above the shell. Is this height ok? How long should this bulb be on during the day?

5) I’m planning on 30 min soak in a container on a heat pad daily. 95 degree water temp. Sound right?

6) When they arrive, do I make a Vet appointment immediately? Should I wait til they get older?

Please feel free to answer any of these questions. I’ve read most info that is out there. I’m looking for people with experience in keeping them to enlighten me. Thank you!

Salspi

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Thank you. I’ve read that.... That thread is 5 years old. I’m looking for info that maybe a little more current. I’m sure that with Kleinmanni, there has been much that has been learned since then by people who keep them. Experience is the best teacher as they say. Also, I’ve read everything on hermannihaven.com.

I’m just looking for as much info as I can find on what successful people are doing.