Testudo Kleinmanni book?

Salspi

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hello friends,

I'm Sal. I'm new here and I will be receiving a hatchling kleinmanni late Apr/early May. In the meantime, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good book on captive husbandry of Egyptian tortoises. I know the basics about the species but, I want to get optimal about caring for their needs. I have kept a sulcata and a red foot in the past so it's not my first tortoise.

I live in Chicago. The humidity level in my home is 20% in the winter when the heat is running and just under 40% in the summer. So, I feel like an Egyptian is a very good fit. Plus, they are cool.

Thank you for the help.

Salspi

Chicago
Thanks Will... I'll try and find that book. You say it's good info?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Probably good but best info is here since you have the ear of people who've been raising and Breeding them for years Instead of one person's(authors) spin on it.

dovelett15

10 Year Member!
Welcome!

As of yet there is no book dedicated solely to the Egyptian tortoise. Google the following: The Egyptian Tortoise: It's Natural History and Captive Care by Fred Erwin. It is well written and very in formative!

bigkahuna0485

Chicago
Hello friends,

I'm Sal. I'm new here and I will be receiving a hatchling kleinmanni late Apr/early May. In the meantime, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good book on captive husbandry of Egyptian tortoises. I know the basics about the species but, I want to get optimal about caring for their needs. I have kept a sulcata and a red foot in the past so it's not my first tortoise.

I live in Chicago. The humidity level in my home is 20% in the winter when the heat is running and just under 40% in the summer. So, I feel like an Egyptian is a very good fit. Plus, they are cool.

Thank you for the help.

I was just digging through the testudo kleinmanni section and noticed this post! I'm currently in the process of waiting for my hatchling (fall 2019) and I also live in Chicago! How has everything been going so far? Really cool to see a Chicagoan raising some egyptians.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Hello friends,

Thank you for the help.
Hi Sal, I'm an Egyptian breeder in CA and the book that is the most comprehensive one is from Franziska Biedenweg and Ricarda Schramm, Tartaruga Verlag, but I think you can also get the book at amazon, just google. The Egyptian Tortoise. Testudo kleinmanni Lortet, 1883, A fascinating little beauty, translated from German into English

Salspi

Chicago
Hi Sal, I'm an Egyptian breeder in CA and the book that is the most comprehensive one is from Franziska Biedenweg and Ricarda Schramm, Tartaruga Verlag, but I think you can also get the book at amazon, just google. The Egyptian Tortoise. Testudo kleinmanni Lortet, 1883, A fascinating little beauty, translated from German into English
Thanks annette- I purchased it