Temperatures?

Kenn Batingal

Hi! I recently placed the tub of my elongata outside and the measured temps read 35! Crazy how high it is. And that is the shaded part. I am from the Philippines and would like to know at what temps do you keep your elongatas? Warm side cool side. Cheers! :D

Attachments

• 1461031047719.jpg
    1461031047719.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 15

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kenn: I would think that the Philippines would have a great climate for the Elongata. I don't know anything about that species, I just wanted to give your thread a little nudge so maybe one of our elongta keepers will see it.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
That would be an absolute max for me. My guy would need a lot of shade and water to hide out in if that kind of heat was all day. I think @mrscruffy may live in a similar climate to you - they may have a better idea of what to do.

mrscruffy

Hi,

I live in their natural range and my Elongated have survived heat waves above 40 degrees celsisus. They need lots of shade and access to water. It is good to think about if they are in an area surrounded by concrete of plastic, you need to shade/reflect heat off those areas. Some parts of the region where they live are quite arid and hot in the dry season.
My impressa don't cope with the heat aswell as the Elongated.

Cheers
Scruffy.