Temp/humidity digital gauge home depot

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
Hello All,
I will be posting more than usual to get ready for my new baby to come in June.
What is a good humidity/ temp for a well started hatchling? He is going to ba Western Hermann Tortoise.

I am trying to get the most accurate temps for my baby. Anyone experienced in Hermann’s please comment below!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I use acurite. U can getvthem at home depot or lowes for like $12

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Hello All,
What is a good humidity/ temp for a well started hatchling? He is going to ba Western Hermann Tortoise.

I am trying to get the most accurate temps for my baby. Anyone experienced in Hermann’s please comment below!
These are the ones I use in my Hermann’s enclosure. I’ve got 3, so there’s one on the “cool” side, one on the “warm” side and another in the middle. All of the ones I have, are accurate. They’re a nice small size and you can monitor and check trends for temp and humidity on the Govee app as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872X4H4J/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello All,

We have a great caresheet. Follow that and you should do fine. Just do not use a mercury vapor bulb, they are too harsh on the shell.
Also I believe your tort is coming from Chris? He will answer any question you have I'm sure.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Here are a couple of posts by Chris. I don't know about differences between eastern and western...you'll have to check that out.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Haha, I misread just like @Chubbs the tegu did. The temps and humidity is the same for western vs eastern. Chris has a care sheet on his website that you must have missed seeing. Here’s a link https://www.hermannihaven.com/t-hermanni-care-sheet

Tom‘s care sheet also covers this subject.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I also use the combination Home Depot (Accu-rite) temperature and humidity gauges. They are inexpensive and very long lasting.
But the type that has the probes is probably more accurate.