Tarantulas. What do you do when you find in your yard?

queen koopa

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada

ZenHerper

New Jersey
^ that.

Even if the venom is not deadly, it can damage a great bit of skin, muscle, a/or nerve tissue (depends on the species). Regular spider bites can be problematic.

I'd move it to a more wild location than the garden.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
^ that.

Even if the venom is not deadly, it can damage a great bit of skin, muscle, a/or nerve tissue (depends on the species). Regular spider bites can be problematic.

I'd move it to a more wild location than the garden.
Damn it. I will see if its still there in the garden. the dogs don’t go up there. Saw one in the garden a few years ago, I have wild strong Bermuda growing on the wall... thought they might live there.
Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is a mature male. He will never molt again, never eat again, and he has limited time on this earth. He's on a mission to find a female and keep his species alive. Move him to a safe area on the other side of your property in the direction he was traveling and wish him luck in his quest. Somewhere out there is a mature female just waiting for him. Their babies will stay hidden from you, and reduce the amount of pest bugs that bother you.

There is a fantastic children's book called "Be Nice To Spiders".
images.jpeg

I think most adult Americans need to read it...

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That is a mature male. He will never molt again, never eat again, and he has limited time on this earth. He's on a mission to find a female and keep his species alive. Move him to a safe area on the other side of your property in the direction he was traveling and wish him luck in his quest. Somewhere out there is a mature female just waiting for him. Their babies will stay hidden from you, and reduce the amount of pest bugs that bother you.

Darn it, Tom! You are the only person who can almost make me feel affection and/or pity for these hairy monsters!

Almost...